are bioreactors good beggining power?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Using ftb monster, right now I'm just using steam dynamos to power pulviazor, redstone furnace, and induction smelter, but I wanna start doing much more power are bioreactors good? I have sooo much saplings that I could use

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Answer is meh. You can get tiny amounts of biofuel if you use one kind of sapling. It's only really good if you put in 6 or more kinds of organic material.

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
Answer is meh. You can get tiny amounts of biofuel if you use one kind of sapling. It's only really good if you put in 6 or more kinds of organic material.
I have the TiCo axe so I'm getting tons of multiple saplings, and maybe I can use it to power an mfr farm thing to get more of other things I can use for even more power?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I have the TiCo axe so I'm getting tons of multiple saplings, and maybe I can use it to power an mfr farm thing to get more of other things I can use for even more power?
That is an excellent idea. The more different kinds of material in the reactor there is, the more biofuel you get, and the more power.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Note: You would need to pair the planter with a harvester.
If you want to automate the harvesting of the trees, that is. One could say one needs to pair the planter and harvester with a fertilizer and they'd still be right, since that makes them grow faster.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to automate the harvesting of the trees, that is. One could say one needs to pair the planter and harvester with a fertilizer and they'd still be right, since that makes them grow faster.
Well, only kind of. The planter and harvester combo achieves automation, is self-contained, and typically used to indicate a single "system".

Adding the fertiliser into the mix does add in more dependencies (for example, you need to supply the fertiliser, so you're looking at a sewer and composter aswell).

My aim was to help out someone who didn't seem too sure about some of the aspects of the mods, and may not have been aware of the need for a harvester to accompany the planter.

Reactions: kayla sharp