[Applied Energistics] Randomly stops autocrafting? [SOLVED]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks,

Since I discovered how to use the ME Interface to do external processing, I've gone crazy with expanding the network and can now request alveary blocks (this is so awesome lol). The problem is, whenever I request 27 alveary blocks, it will randomly stop crafting even though the materials are available. Sometimes it stops at 5 blocks, sometimes it stops at 26 blocks (even though the final 8 scented panels and an impregnated casing are available for the 27th block).

I've wrenched all the ME interfaces to have the arrows pointing at the chests, etc. I have plenty of power as I'm currently only at 66 units/t (so about 13mj/t?) and produce well above 140+mj/t. So I'm at a loss as to why it randomly just stops. Initially, I thought it was because I walked too far and the base unloaded, but I have a chunkloader so I'm still unsure. The only thing I can think of that's causing it to stop are messages on the server side that says "Can't keep up...bla bla bla". Can that cause the AE network to reset itself?

PS. Does it matter if you use a filter for DSUs? I mean, I presume if you've put the items (e.g., cobble) inside the DSU, there is really no need to put an item filter in the storage bus GUI?

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Build a crafting monitor, that should help you troubleshoot things a tad.

That's how I tell it stopped autocrafting. The job would literally "disappear" from the crafting monitor.

And no, I didn't double click or cancel the job by accident. The job would basically just be gone even though it isn't done yet.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
PS. Does it matter if you use a filter for DSUs? I mean, I presume if you've put the items (e.g., cobble) inside the DSU, there is really no need to put an item filter in the storage bus GUI?

Long as you don't mind something else inevitably taking over the spot in the DSU. It is only 2 clicks to partition based upon what is already in there.

You can even empty out a DSU with 3 million cobble in it, I did it overnight with a bank of router-fed recyclers. :p The longer a setup exists, the more likely it is something you didn't plan on happening happening.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
If your AE network changes (adding/removing a cable is one good example), any autocrafting is stopped.

Possible causes for AE network changes are:

Unloaded chunk that's part of the AE network
Dark cables
Low power
Adding/removing recipes from the MAC or any interface (sometimes)

Reactions: PoisonWolf

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
If your AE network changes (adding/removing a cable is one good example), any autocrafting is stopped.

Possible causes for AE network changes are:

Unloaded chunk that's part of the AE network
Dark cables
Low power
Adding/removing recipes from the MAC or any interface (sometimes)

Thank you. You solved the issue. I've been aggressively expanding my DSUs that the few times I added a DSU + Storage bus, the alveary blocks were in the process of being made!

Cheers mate!

Reactions: dlord