applied-energistics mod

ttyyllerrrr

Jul 29, 2019
Man this mod is so fucking awesome but but getting the amount of quartz crystals is plain out stupid. does anyone know easy way of getting them? i am running 60x60 quarrys and still taken forever to get.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Man this mod is so fucking awesome but but getting the amount of quartz crystals is plain out stupid. does anyone know easy way of getting them? i am running 60x60 quarrys and still taken forever to get.

depends, AE is a mod with world gen that's added quite late, so if you are using your quarry in a part of the world that was generated before AE was added, your chance of finding quartz is as good as none.
what I am trying to say is, if you created your world before adding AE, you'll have to go to new generated chunks to find the worldgen of AE

ZPDali

Jul 29, 2019
Silk touch the quartz ore, macerate or pulverize for 10 dust, 4 dust in a compressor makes 1 crystal. Fortune also works.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I put my chunk loaded mining turtle in a new chunk mining out a fairly large area, I pop over there every so often to silk touch as much quartz as I can. So far I have a few machines and storage units but I need a lot more to transfer all of my existing storage. I don't expect to get it instantly though. Also, be aware it doesn't spawn above level 63 (ref: http://ae-mod.info/Quartz-Ore/) and below diamond level, so once you get that low you might need to go start your quarry elsewhere.