Applied Energistics keep x number of item in machine?

etb845

Jul 29, 2019
Using the Ae system as a giant storage system and using the logistics pipes for controlled setups like the one described on this thread.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
lol im surprised it took this long for someone to say logistics pipes
I mentioned Logistics Pipes back on the first page of this thread almost four months ago, before Logistics Pipes was even in an FTB pack.

lordkraven13

Jul 29, 2019
Great video kraven, it's a little unfortunate that AlgorithmX2's answer to this gets you this http://ae-mod.info/Subnetworks/Supplier/ shoved in your face which simply puts 9 out of 10 people off.

Maybe it's too hard to code I dunno but how hard would it be to create a supplier pipe that lets you specify an item and quantity and keeps whatever it's facing with that much stuff... really is it that hard?

Sorry if I put you off man (Did I?). Are you saying that AlgorithmX2's answer puts people off or that I do? I generally assume that people have looked at the wiki before asking questions, so I built a simplified system for automating an answer to the OP's question.

Thanks for the feedback however.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Nah you didn't put me off the website link does, you're video explains it very well.

Terrence

Jul 29, 2019
Me interface with a provider pipe attached running to planter with a supplier pipe attached. an export bus may or may not work too. Not sure if it can hook directly to a logistics pipe

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
or use a translocator like dw20 likes to do:

put a interface set to keep the seeds in stock

then use a set of translocators with the importing translocator modified with a diamond nugget (which puts it in supplier mode) and you can tell it to keep a stack of stuff in the machine

Sandboxer7

Jul 29, 2019
The very best way to do this is with Extra-Utils rationing pipes which are "It will add exactly a stack of an item to a connecting inventory. It is highly useful when you need to keep multiple different items in an inventory and need to prevent one item from taking up all the inventory slots" The feed the beast wiki.They require no power and you can use them quite easily with me interfaces. I was trying to keep a bio reactor supplied with saplings.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Considering the post you replied to is over a year old it's no surprise there's a better way now :p:D

Sandboxer7

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, quite the relief.[DOUBLEPOST=1414102179][/DOUBLEPOST]I just posted that so anyone looking at this thread would know there is an easy solution.

Last edited:

Flexion

Jul 29, 2019
I like to use factory manager (almost using it for everything lately). You can set up a condition that you output item X in a chest as long as its less than 64, or you can emit a redstone signal next to a ME export bus as long as there is less than 64 of that item. I use this system for example to have 1 stack of coal and 1 stack of arrows in my steve cargo manager. Its not expensive and really helpfull when connecting to a big factory manager system.