Applied Energistics keep x number of item in machine?

BigBrother_

Jul 29, 2019
Set an another ae system, a basic one, no discs needed, and put a storage bus on your chest, then level emitter on the amount you want pointing on an import bus on the chest too into the storage system, the big ae system. be careful not to mix networks (AE has color cables).
for some power and materials, you can put this on every inventory !!!

AE for everything...

Merovech

Jul 29, 2019
Use a BC AND/OR or similar gate on a structure pipe to detect for inventory empty on the planter, when it detects empty have it emit redstone down the pipewire, past another and gate set to pulse on a LACK of redstone signal near a ME dark cable attached to an ME Interface with the desired materials (and amounts) specified in the export config section, and pull from the interface to the planter with an Autarchic gate attached to a wooden pipe connecting the Interface and the Planter, set the gate to energy pulse on a redstone signal.... problem solved.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Don't forget about the ME Bridge, from Misc Peripherals I believe, which can pull out of an AE network into a chest above it. It should work into a planter. Or if nothing else into a chest, then drawn in with a buildcraft pipe with the gate pulsed by the computer.

TheExplodedWiseOne

Jul 29, 2019
Would a storage bus configured to carrot, seeds and potato be of any use? i think that would be mush easier than all the other alternatives... or even have one planter for each with a storage bus connected

BigBrother_

Jul 29, 2019
if you want to put multiple items in an inventory (1 stack of each, for example) Put a ME interface set with the correct export config and use translocators upgraded with diamond nuggets to act as a regulator from RP2 but a lot simpler

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
yup translocator mod will do the job. I added it since the adv clay golem is buggy, only pulling the item i assigned in the 1st slot.--

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Would a storage bus configured to carrot, seeds and potato be of any use?
I don't think that this would be reliable. If it ever ran out of carrots, but the AE system still had carrots elsewhere, then it would never get re-stocked with them. And you can't fix that with priority, as currently occupied storage trumps higher priority.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I don't think that this would be reliable. If it ever ran out of carrots, but the AE system still had carrots elsewhere, then it would never get re-stocked with them. And you can't fix that with priority, as currently occupied storage trumps higher priority.
Also, if you ever ran out of carrots, for example, it would fill the empty slots with seeds or potatoes if you have any excess.

lordkraven13

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is still looking for an answer to this. I just built the system and it works on the latest FTB Unleashed. Using only AE to automate the system. This uses a subnet of AE. It is basically a stand alone AE system that manages the inventory of the Planter. Also, this will work on ANY block that has an internal inventory. If anyone has any questions after I finish writing this, I will make a video showing how to build it.

You will need:

2 colors of ME Cable (optional, you can run them so they don't interact)
1 ME Controller
3 Level Emitter
1 Storage Bus
3 Precision Export Bus

Place your MFC Planter on the ground. Place a Storage Bus on one side of it and an Export Bus on the other 3 sides of it. Place the ME Controller beside the Storage Bus. Connect the 3 Export Bus to your current AE system being careful to not let the ME Controller you just placed connect with any of the wiring that connects to the export bus. Place the Level Emitter beside each Export Bus and connect it with another color of cable to the ME Controller again, not letting it connect to the main network at all. (note: there will essentially be 2 networks, your main network which has the export bus that deposits the item into the Planter, and another completely disconnected network that is monitoring the contents of the Planter and requesting the specified items from the export bus on the first network.

Configuration:
1) set your first export bus to send only seeds, and then set it to export only with redstone signal.
2) set your second export bus to send only carrots and export only with redstone signal.
3) set your third export bus to send only potatoes and export only with redstone signal.
4) set your first level emitter by placing seeds in the item slot, setting the required quantity, and set it to emit only if below.
5) set your second level emitter by placing carrots in the item slot, setting the required quantity, and set it to emit only if below.
6) set your third level emitter by placing potatoes in the item slot, setting the required quantity, and set it to emit only if below.
7) leave the storage bus alone.

Basically, the system will use the Planter as it's main storage, then it will request items from the different export bus inputs when the specified quantities are below the threshold.

I know this is a bit long winded, and I hope it makes sense to everyone. If anyone has any questions at all, or would like me to make a video on how to set it up, i will do it.

Thanks!

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

namae

Jul 29, 2019
I like using supplier logistic pipes when you need to keep certain amount of items inside, plus they can be merged with AE.

lordkraven13

Jul 29, 2019
Just posted my video tutorial of this. I used an enderchest to do this, but you can substitute it for any piece of equipment that may be needed. As long as there is an internal inventory.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Great video kraven, it's a little unfortunate that AlgorithmX2's answer to this gets you this http://ae-mod.info/Subnetworks/Supplier/ shoved in your face which simply puts 9 out of 10 people off.

Maybe it's too hard to code I dunno but how hard would it be to create a supplier pipe that lets you specify an item and quantity and keeps whatever it's facing with that much stuff... really is it that hard?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe it's too hard to code I dunno but how hard would it be to create a supplier pipe that lets you specify an item and quantity and keeps whatever it's facing with that much stuff... really is it that hard?
ask dev of Logistic pipes how hard it was.

etb845

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's reasonable given that the AE Requested Features page says to use LP instead of expecting AE to do everything. I think that was regarding Sneaky Pipes though.
I dont think it was since they were made so compatible.