Closed Applied Energistics crafting

D

Derek Otten

Summary of the problem Applied Energistics crafting

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? Certus dust cannot be smelted into silicon, The inscriber and advanced inscribers won't accept any presses or printed parts in the top and bottom slots. This is recreatable on my server between both me and 2 others. I just tested this in a single player world and it seems to not have any problems so it must be a issue with the current server version. I will try redownloading it.

Mod & Version

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix

D

Derek Otten

So i tried putting the versions of ae2 and ae2 stuff that the client was using into the server and the server still works fine but it did not solve the issue. Iv'e also tried resetting the configs.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
This made me wonder, so I downloaded the server zip and set one up:

Certus dust cannot be smelted into silicon,
Tried all machines suggested from JEI - no issue

The inscriber and advanced inscribers won't accept any presses or printed parts in the top and bottom slots
Tried both inscriber and advanced, had no issue to get stuff in - tried both manually putting them in by hand + using ducts and servos and placing the items in chest

Is this server using the provided server launcher or are you using any other? (for plugins, wrapper or like that?)

D

Derek Otten

So after seeing your comment I went and redownloaded the server from the launcher and set it up the same way I did before. AE2 worked perfectly fine, I then copied my server world over to the new server and it still worked. Then I went through the same configs as i did last time and it still worked. I'm not sure what i did wrong the first time. I wasn't using any sort of plugins or anything just the base modpack. I did get some error when I extracted the zip the first time but I didn't think anything of it since the pack launched fine. Thank you for your message since it motivated me to do clean reinstall like I probably should have done in the first place.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I did get some error when I extracted the zip the first time but I didn't think anything of it since the pack launched fine

There was some initial reports of the server zip-file beeing broken, but that have been reported to be fixed.

So that was probably your issue - and when you got the non-broken download, you're all good.

Thank you for your message since it motivated me to do clean reinstall like I probably should have done in the first place.
Nice :)

Have fun!

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
I am seeing this issue on a 1.2.0 MP server as well. Inscriber appears to not accept presses.

When placing a press into an inscriber on the top or bottom slots only, it disappears until you close the UI and then it is back in the original inventory slot. Placing into the middle slot in the UI works fine.

Just confirmed that certus dust is also not smelting into silicon.

Going to a SP game on the client makes the recipes and inscriber work again, but issue persists on the MP server.

Last edited:

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
Did some more testing.

Downloaded a fresh ZIP file from the site (same one I already had supposedly) for 1.2.0 and installed a second server instance on the same system.

Loading that MP server and connecting with the same client does NOT reproduce the issue.

I used linux diff util to compare the config folders of the two servers and got this:

FTBRevelation_1.2.0]# diff -r -q config ../tempserver/config
Only in ../tempserver/config/AppliedEnergistics2/aerecipes/generated: aliases.recipe
Only in ../tempserver/config/AppliedEnergistics2/aerecipes/generated: groups.recipe
Only in ../tempserver/config/AppliedEnergistics2/aerecipes/generated: index.recipe
Only in ../tempserver/config/AppliedEnergistics2/aerecipes/generated: oredict.recipe

Looks like something hinky is going on with generated recipes for ae? Why would the first server fail to generate these files?

DrDurandal

Jul 29, 2019
Copied the missing files to the original server and the issue is now resolved.

Seems under some circumstance these files are not properly generated by the server.