Applied Energistics and Logistic pipes comparission opinions.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
It say "missing" when i try order a item
Other than the possibility that it is legitimately missing, it would be difficult to know what is wrong without screenshots. It could be a bug with the version you are using but I don't know of any known bugs in either mod (current or fixed)

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Combine AE and LP for the ultimate system. LP for handling your items and systems and sorting, and AE for storage. Probably the best way for it imo. I also just use AE's autocrafting system, but at that point, I often find myself maxing out on any quartz that I had.

Reactions: Arkandos

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
I have an ME system sitting in the corner hooked to a LP system that covers my whole base.

I use LP for item retrieval & crafting. In fact I never even made a terminal for my ME system; it's simply just a controller, interface, and drive bay.

I really like to see stuff fly around in pipes, but I didn't want to make a giant room full of chests. This setup satisfies both conditions. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one else feel like AE's crafting terminal is more practical than the MAC
Eh, depends how complicated the thing you want is, and if you have all ores proccesed when they enter your ME Network or not. And of course if the object you want requires things that aren't craftable in a crafting grid(like water buckets or carbon plates and whatnot).

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Does any one else feel like AE's crafting terminal is more practical than the MAC

Not even slightly. I dont like nested crafting. Even with shift click it can be a pain when I dont know exactly which parts I'm missing from my storage. Gears and pistons are normally the worst offenders. With a MAC, I just tell my ME network to just give it to me. Now that I can shift click recipes into the MAC patterns, I dont need to constantly have everything on me to do it either. I craft something I commonly use once, then I just have to demand it. If I'm short, I just have to supply the base resources rather than go down the rabbit hole that is nested crafting and repeat N times. Extra points when I autocraft things that use nonstackable items.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I concede that the MAC is useful. Personally I think I have had as much fun as it is possible to have with a MAC though. In my current survival world that isn't the Arendelle one I am planning on avoiding all use of the MAC and instead use other forms of autocrafting if I want it.

I guess I am sick of troubleshooting the MAC as well. I am always having to disconnect and reconnect it with dark cable especially after relogging. It often gums up if a crafting recipe requires 4 or an item and I already have 3 in storage too. I think that might be getting fixed in the new version though in 1.7.

Reactions: Arkandos

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I concede that the MAC is useful. Personally I think I have had as much fun as it is possible to have with a MAC though. In my current survival world that isn't the Arendelle one I am planning on avoiding all use of the MAC and instead use other forms of autocrafting if I want it.

I guess I am sick of troubleshooting the MAC as well. I am always having to disconnect and reconnect it with dark cable especially after relogging. It often gums up if a crafting recipe requires 4 or an item and I already have 3 in storage too. I think that might be getting fixed in the new version though in 1.7.

Yea I can see that being frustrating. Mine is normally shut off unless I'm actively using, and cant remember having such problems. I have a seperate smaller MAC specifically for stuff that is used for automation but this also hasnt had issue yet. I do this mainly because I doubled the power requirements for AE in my pack, not to avoid bugs. I'm trying not to go overboard in 1.6.4 as I did in 1.4.7. Maybe what I'm doing is good at getting around AE bugs?