Applied Energistics 2 Meteor Spawn Rate

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said, ME Controllers. Those appear to be for mid-later into AE, rather than in the start of it. Plus, the Sky Stone looks great.
Aren't you required to have a controller for the network to work? What have they done!

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
You can have basic simple network without controller but for anything more complex than simple storage you will need them. Still not a big deal one meteor will supply all your needs for lifetime. Problem are presses as mention there is 10 pages long thread about this and how it will afect multiplayer

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said, ME Controllers. Those appear to be for mid-later into AE, rather than in the start of it. Plus, the Sky Stone looks great.
Totally true. One doesn't really need a ME controller right away, they are not totally needed unlike in AE1. There's only one issue, then...
Plus, the Sky Stone looks great.
The real issue is this. If it looks good but it's not easy to get and there is a limited amount of it... servers will have wars. Actually, they always do, but in this case the war will be for the privilege to have a better looking hovel of shame.

Reactions: Padfoote

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
As far as i found, finding one meteor is far less than enough to start off. my fist one did not had the silicon press in it, so i can not do anything expect putting them back into their chest and look again.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
all you really need to get to late game is a stack or 2 of sky stone and 1 of each press, (get a block of iron and you can dupe them)

Nazzaruz

Jul 29, 2019
For those out there are searching for the meteorites for AE 2 here is a little tip for you guys it worked for me 3-4 times

Step 1. Locate the 4 chunks the meteorite is located in. (Easy with F9)
Step 2. Stand in the centre where all 4 chunkcorners are dig down the meteorites are located quite shallow atleast the 3-4 i found.

I dug down 25-30 blocks and landed ontop of it.

Reactions: Chaka

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
For those out there are searching for the meteorites for AE 2 here is a little tip for you guys it worked for me 3-4 times

Step 1. Locate the 4 chunks the meteorite is located in. (Easy with F9)
Step 2. Stand in the centre where all 4 chunkcorners are dig down the meteorites are located quite shallow atleast the 3-4 i found.

I dug down 25-30 blocks and landed ontop of it.
Thanks, I was just looking for meteors and gave up and went to check my E-Mail and saw this thread was posted.

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
FYI, even if they are worldgen they WILL annihilate villages. I ran across a meteor next to a village and all the buildings nearby were either destroyed or pieces scattered around.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
From what I'm seeing, surface meteors are about as common as PR volcanoes, maybe a little more common. It looks like you will usually only have to find 2 to get all 4 presses, 3-4 if you are really unlucky. The hardest part is getting the diamonds for a pick.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
From what I'm seeing, surface meteors are about as common as PR volcanoes, maybe a little more common. It looks like you will usually only have to find 2 to get all 4 presses, 3-4 if you are really unlucky. The hardest part is getting the diamonds for a pick.
I had to visit a few more than that :p But I had my meteorite compass and I had a lovely stroll around my world, so I wasn't complaining

Aussiexenu

Jul 29, 2019
I made myself up a small(ish) 1.7.10 pack to get back into RoC and play around with some of the newer stuff like AE2... map spawns, 2 large and one small asteroid right within spitting distance of each other. Needless to say, I set up shop right there without doing my usual explores-a-lot :D

Not sure how I feel about content being gated through random worldgen (I can see this issues it could cause SMP), haven't done much into the new AE yet. Finally getting my head around how RoC gears and shiz work tho, so will prolly look into setting up an ME network next.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Plates can be duplicated with an inscriber once you have one. All it takes is someone to have a plate and you're good.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
if the admin/finder is polite enough to let you copy
Most of the times they will be, at least on the servers I've played on.

Also of note, the meteorite compass actually locates the meteorite blocks, so if you are having difficulties finding the next meteor because the one you had was too close, digging up the entirety of the meteor will allow the compass to point to the next one.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Most of the times they will be, at least on the servers I've played on.

Also of note, the meteorite compass actually locates the meteorite blocks, so if you are having difficulties finding the next meteor because the one you had was too close, digging up the entirety of the meteor will allow the compass to point to the next one.
or you could make your house out of those blocks to mess with meteorite hunters :p

Reactions: RJS