Appled Energistics MAC Calculator

owenthewizard

Jul 29, 2019
Well the problem isn't that it's opening with WinRar because it displays as a folder not like an archive or anything, so there's no open with... etc.

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
This is a very useful, thanks!

Just out of interest I am using Nightly & when I download the file it arrives as 'MACCalc.jar.zip' for whatever reason. For anyone with filename suffixes disabled this will appear as a jar file associated to their archiving software choice or a folder identified by windows. A simple rename removing the .zip fixes the problem.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is an error in the program. I type in 3 in width, height and depth and 1 in number of pattern providers. Then it shows "Number of pattern providers must be betweem 1 and 0". If I type 0 I get the same.

If you keep pushing on "Calculate Blocks" for changing numbers of pattern providers then it just add the text to the list. There are missing some clear().

Boundary

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it. What's nightly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an early build of Firefox, I ended up there when I was having issues with 64b web browsers.

Nightly - Under heavy development. Least stable/secure. First tests of new changes/features; some changes/features introduced in Nightly may be removed before Release and other versions. Only for testing. Should only be used by very experienced users/testers.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh a nightly build, not a program called Nightly. Heh. My bad

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is an error in the program. I type in 3 in width, height and depth and 1 in number of pattern providers. Then it shows "Number of pattern providers must be betweem 1 and 0". If I type 0 I get the same.

If you keep pushing on "Calculate Blocks" for changing numbers of pattern providers then it just add the text to the list. There are missing some clear().

Nice catch. I'll fix the list problem. Yeah I noticed that pattern provider problem myself while reviewing the code yesterday, I figured for a MAC so small the numbers are kinda obvious. But I shall fix that also. Thanks for replying.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

Sorry to quote you again, just thought I'd let you know directly that I've just fixed the problems you noticed and updated OP

owenthewizard

Jul 29, 2019
Can you try the command line? If it still runs ok Windows may have just derped it
Ok, i'll try running it by command line.

Update: no idea what happened, but I re-downloaded it and it worked fine:oops: Sorry for bothering you:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
No worries bud, these things happen :) glad you got it working

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent little program but 3 points.
1. I run dual monitors. (1 = MC, 2 = Chrome/Music etc) it constantly centres itself on Monitor 1 when I click Calculate Blocks (My guess is you're using Monitor 1 X/Y to position it just right)
2. It doesn't give an option to put more than 1 Pattern Provider (I generally have 4/5 on a decent sized MAC). Perhaps just a numeric scroll bar with min/max set to max positions available?
3. Finally an "Upgrade" option would be helpful. If I made a 3^3 but want to upgrade later to 5^3 It would defeat the purpose of this as I'd need to re-calculate the differences

Cheers :)

Edit:
The Pattern Provider Option doesn't work when you calculate a 3^3 then change it (without clicking reset) to a larger size.
Works fine when you start with a larger size.

Last edited:
Reactions: CptSpike

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Excellent little program but 3 points.
1. I run dual monitors. (1 = MC, 2 = Chrome/Music etc) it constantly centres itself on Monitor 1 when I click Calculate Blocks (My guess is you're using Monitor 1 X/Y to position it just right)
2. It doesn't give an option to put more than 1 Pattern Provider (I generally have 4/5 on a decent sized MAC). Perhaps just a numeric scroll bar with min/max set to max positions available?
3. Finally an "Upgrade" option would be helpful. If I made a 3^3 but want to upgrade later to 5^3 It would defeat the purpose of this as I'd need to re-calculate the differences

Cheers :)

Edit:
The Pattern Provider Option doesn't work when you calculate a 3^3 then change it (without clicking reset) to a larger size.
Works fine when you start with a larger size.

Glad you like it! Not sure how much spare time I'll have to make changes, real life is getting the better of me. However, my thoughts:

1: Hard for me to produce, only having one monitor and all :) AFAIK, Swing (the Java GUI thing, you know) doesn't allow you to target specific monitors but if I get time, I'll look in to it.

2: It does for me unless you choose a 3x3 MAC in which case you don't get a choice anyways :)

3: Was thinking of this the other day, when I upgraded my MAC in game. However, time constraints these days...

If you code, or know anyone who does, I'd be more than happy to give you the source so you can at least get the changes you need soon.

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like it! Not sure how much spare time I'll have to make changes, real life is getting the better of me. However, my thoughts:

1: Hard for me to produce, only having one monitor and all :) AFAIK, Swing (the Java GUI thing, you know) doesn't allow you to target specific monitors but if I get time, I'll look in to it.

2: It does for me unless you choose a 3x3 MAC in which case you don't get a choice anyways :)

3: Was thinking of this the other day, when I upgraded my MAC in game. However, time constraints these days...

If you code, or know anyone who does, I'd be more than happy to give you the source so you can at least get the changes you need soon.

I code. Just like riding a push bike makes me a Super Bike racer. :)
I'm still doing Uni for it.
But I'd be happy to have a run through and see what I can do

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I code. Just like riding a push bike makes me a Super Bike racer. :)
I'm still doing Uni for it.
But I'd be happy to have a run through and see what I can do

Updated the OP with download link. I apologize in advance for the state of the code, it's horrendous.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
1. you can use getGraphicsConfiguration() to find the current monitor. using setLocationRelativeTo only works for primary monitor

Reactions: CptSpike