Appled Energistics MAC Calculator

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, hope this is in the correct section. Quickly threw together this simple resource calculator for Applied Energistic's Molecular Assembly Chamber. You enter how big you want it, and how many pattern providers you want, and it tells you the cost in "end resources".

A small note on that: I mean the resources needed to craft the MAC blocks, so Advanced Processor isn't broken down in to diamond, redstone, etc.

Posting on the off chance somebody else finds this useful.

[EDIT] v 1.1 - Added ability to save output to a text file
[EDIT] v1.2 - Fixed pattern provider paradox
- Fixed list infinitely growing as pattern providers were recalculated
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sk0u3yb1oss72mm/MACCalc.jar
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sk0u3yb1oss72mm/MACCalc.jar

[EDIT] For those interested, I have uploaded the source as I don't really have time to make significant changes to this anymore. Feel free to do whatever with the code :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lebrv9530kaam2w/src.zip

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
It is, isn't it? It works fine for me, an executable jar created with Eclipse. What's your trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also on Windows 7 64-bit, and it saved properly as a .jar for me. Are you opening the .jar with an archiving program like WinRar or are you opening it with Java? WinRar and its ilk will open .jar files like any other archive.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
That's all I can think of too, that WinRar is the default program for opening jars. May well be if you fiddle wth the MC jar a lot. Try the command line and if that doesn't work I'll just post the code

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Works fine for me on Windows 7. I guess if you have an archive program as the default action for jar files then opening the file will open the archive instead of executing it, but I don't. Try right-click and Open With, select Java.

Thanks a lot, CptSpike, this is really useful. I'm just contemplating whether I should go full-blown AE in my world, right now it's just a 4-block storage system (controller, crafter, two drives).

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I went full blown AE, never looked back. Auto crafting is awesome

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I didn't 'derp-post'. I posted both in response to the post previous, but also so I could watch the topic in case of updates, as well as be able to find it on the often fast moving forums. And once I get to a computer with Minecraft installed, I can try the calculator out and see if there are any improvements I can suggest.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't 'derp-post'. I posted both in response to the post previous, but also so I could watch the topic in case of updates, as well as be able to find it on the often fast moving forums. And once I get to a computer with Minecraft installed, I can try the calculator out and see if there are any improvements I can suggest.
Yes, yes you did. And, see "Watch Thread" link in upper right corner of any thread. Enjoy!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I did not, and no, I never noticed that link.

On topic however, the file doesn't seem to want to run for me. Java seems totally uninterested in opening it. Am I missing some important step?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Nice tool also, whats a good ratio for pattern providers to crafting CPUs.
It's not a matter of ratios. How many pages of patterns do you need? How many CPUs can you easily afford to build? Round those numbers to an oblong size and there you are. I reckon 3 pages is enough, 4 CPUs, but 7 isn't possible so 1 extra CPU makes 2x2x2 which means my MAC should be 4x4x4. When I upgrade it, if I need another page of patterns then I will add 1 pattern provider and 3 CPUs, if not then 4 CPUs.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I did not, and no, I never noticed that link.

On topic however, the file doesn't seem to want to run for me. Java seems totally uninterested in opening it. Am I missing some important step?

Can you try from the command line? That will tell you which, if any, exceptions occur. Command would be something like:
java -jar path/to/maccalc.jar

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Nice tool also, whats a good ratio for pattern providers to crafting CPUs.

I normally build my macs 5x5, have 4 pattern providers and 23 CPUs. The pattern pages are quite large, not sure how many recipes it is exactly, but mine can make all modular power suit things from scratch, and Atomic Science fusion reactor stuff from scratch, as well as usual crafting stuff, and have a page and a half left to go. You can always expand later :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
There it goes. Awesome piece of software. The only other useful thing I can see would be the ability to output it to a text file.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
There it goes. Awesome piece of software. The only other useful thing I can see would be the ability to output it to a text file.

Yeah? Ok I'll do it in a couple hours, and edit the original post. Glad you find it helpful :)