Apiarist pipe

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brammm

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know any good videos/posts about Apariarist pipes? I want to optimize my pollen/royal jelly production by having my Industrious/Imperial bees constantly producing stuff, instead of having to check on them every so often. I'm guessing Apiarist pipes will be the best way to do so, but I don't understand 'em at all. I also have the unofficial Logistics Pipes installed which has a BeeAlyzer module, or smth like that, but don't know how that one works either.

I'll play around with it a bit on a test world, but any videos would be super helpful. If nothing's out there, I'll try it myself and do a write up if I figure it out.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Use it like you would a Diamond Pipe. Have a gate on a Wooden Pipe either constantly pulling stuff out or extract everything whenever there's no Queen (I'm not sure if the constant thing will pull out a queen or not actually...), have the Apiarist Pipe to pipe a drone and a princess of the type you're having auto-reset back into the Apiary/Alveary, pipe the products to wherever your processing or storage is, and send the excess drones into a Void Pipe. I've not yet done this myself, but the things I've seen of it make it look much simpler than one might think at first.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
The main thing with apiarists to know is that it prioritizes anything more specific. For example, if you have yellow as "anything" and red as "any bees" a bee will always go down red because it is more specific. However, if red is full already, since it won't let the bee go that way, it will try again and instead go down yellow since a bee is also an "anything".