Anyway to change ore rarity?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
If you're having a problem with not enough Lead, try delving into Factorization to get Lead out of its Silver Ore. You'll know it by being the distinctive huge pockets of Silver. At the very least, throwing its Silver into a Slag Furnace will get you Lead as well, though you'll get more of it if you go through the whole process. Grinder -> Mixer -> Slag Furnace -> Crystallizer.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i was just looking for a way to start off with more lead, forgot about using a slag frunace, thanks!

CreepaCatcha

Jul 29, 2019
For more info, go into the cofh config files, (there's several of them, I think it's the one called cofh world) and edit away. You can adjust the rarity and the size of the veins

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
COFH core.
Taste the bitterness of my 2 year necro
image.jpg

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
If I may "pre-necro" (is that a real concept?) this thread, the new Vanilla Snapshot (14w17a) has a new world-gen mode... Customize.

This allows you to change many things for vanilla ores, including the spawn quantity, chances per block and level range the ore can spawn into.

Reactions: RedBoss

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
If I may "pre-necro" (is that a real concept?) this thread, the new Vanilla Snapshot (14w17a) has a new world-gen mode... Customize.

This allows you to change many things for vanilla ores, including the spawn quantity, chances per block and level range the ore can spawn into.
yup.
looks like they opened up options for controlling the actual generator.

im going to go run the seed "TEST" a few times while messing around with it and see what happens.