Anyone know anything about using forge essentials?

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Forge essentials looks to be a Very promising development!

I Its only in alpha but already a good bit of features work.

I wanted to try out the world edit stuff since I MISS world edit sooo much :(

I can't figure out how to use it with forge essentials tho..

The thread doesn't have any documentation that i can tell except for put the jar into your coremods folder.. and thats all it says about installation.

I did that with the "Core" jar file from the thread but theres also a Modules zip file that I have no idea what to do with..

If anyone has any idea how to set this up so I can use some world edit commands that would be awesome of you.

Thanks.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure there's much that actually works in it and its not just a concept atm. There's no instructions anywhere which kinda backs that up, unless they are presuming everyone knows how to use it.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Well I know there are people using the world edit fuctions I am pretty sure I seen in one of slowpokes recent streams he was checking the ore density before releasing the new packs and used the Forge essentials world edit stuff to do it ( The replaced all the cobble/Dirt in a few chucks with air so you could just see ores).

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Oh actually you're right I was watching that stream too, hadn't realised it was Forge Essentials they used to strip the cobble/dirt etc from the chunks.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
Argh its driving me knowing that some of the world edit stuff is possible with this ( Not all but some) If i could just figure it out! lol.. I put the core jar into my core mods and start the server and it makes a folder anmes Forgeessentials with only banneditems.cfg / main.cfg ( with barely anything in it) and modlist.txt...

I know I need to to something with the Modules zip but I cant figure it out.. Im sure its sometihng easy.. I've tried a few different things just taking a shot in the dark but no luck so far...

Any help would be awesome.

Steven Helm

Jul 29, 2019
Type //wand to convert whatever is in your hand to the standard World Edit wand. (This can even be your hand) Then you can use //replace //undo //redo and //set. I am not sure if any other commands work yet.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
I know the commands for world edit from using vanilla mc and bukkit but I can't get any of the commands to work so I'm guessing that you need to install the modules somehow. I have no idea where to install them to tho. Thank you tho.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I know the commands for world edit from using vanilla mc and bukkit but I can't get any of the commands to work so I'm guessing that you need to install the modules somehow. I have no idea where to install them to tho. Thank you tho.
This is a server-side mod, not a client-side mod. Install it in the server's folder, not your client folder.

Jeff Fisher

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I tried in the first place was putting the single jar file in the servers core mode dir like the forum post says. When I start the server it Makes the essentials folder but there is really nothing in there but a config with only a few options And amod list txt. There was also adownload that is a zip file not a jar that is called modules and it looks like were most of the Stuff is but Ihave no idea where to put that modules zip file.

Xaviorm

Jul 29, 2019
This is the main Forge Essentials package for the server, but can be installed on client as well for use in a LAN environment.

Installation Instructions

Download the mod from the links below.

Place the "core" jar in the coremods folder.
Place the "modules" zip in the mods folder.

Run Minecraft. It will download the necessary libraries for operation, so please ensure you have an active Internet connection.

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
Been trying to get some infomation about it, and all i can get from the modders is "read the wiki" well did that mr. modder, am i supposed to create the wiki pages myself?
anyone manage to get some info on how to define a "zone" yet?