Anyone have an idea how to quarry the nether?

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Try the destabilized redstone from Thermal Expansion

please read the first post carefully as i have already said this does not work, but thanks for the input[DOUBLEPOST=1392611974][/DOUBLEPOST]
You could try to use an arcane bore if you're into Thaumcraft. It ignores the lava problems so it should be able to mine the Nether without delay.

damnit XD i AM HUGE into thaumcraft in my youtube series XD i have everything unlocked and my thaumcraft room is 128x128x22 high LOL thanks :D this solves all my problems.....also why didnt i think of this before o_O

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
please read the first post carefully as i have already said this does not work, but thanks for the input[DOUBLEPOST=1392611974][/DOUBLEPOST]

damnit XD i AM HUGE into thaumcraft in my youtube series XD i have everything unlocked and my thaumcraft room is 128x128x22 high LOL thanks :D this solves all my problems.....also why didnt i think of this before o_O
People forget thaumcraft has a mining option. It's not something people regularly use as it isn't that great of a device either.

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
People forget thaumcraft has a mining option. It's not something people regularly use as it isn't that great of a device either.

I use thaumcraft all the time, but sometimes my obsession with tech gets to me -_- i guess i just gotta switch lol, if you wanna know what i mean, try checking out my vids sometime, as you will see i am wayyyy more interested in thaumcraft than any tech right now, but the quarry just always comes to me as the only way when i know its not lol, but thank you Democretes :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The TC arcane bore is interesting sure, but causes a few problems when used:
  • You need to have nearby node to power it. These nodes also needs to be chunkloaded to power it and recharge its vis.
  • It is not guaranteed that there is actually any nearby naturally spawned nodes that can reach the bore. And if there are once you empty them they recharge painfully slow.
  • You can boost it by moving full crystal capacitors to bore, but you might as well be mining manually then with all the work involved to keep it running. Not to mention the flux you will cause wherever you recharge the capacitors.
In general I would still recommend the Mining turtle. Just mine out a small section at the time(one chunk for example). That way if you do get a crash or are forced to restart the game, it is easier to find the turtle again.

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure there is a version of Quarry Plus for 1.5, so you could try using one of those (although I have no idea of how to make the quarry delete liquids after its recipe changed to need the laser table).

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
The other weird thing is, i'm running my quarry just a bit and occasionally it is skipping spikes of blocks?
Plop a block of dirt on top of the spike and the quarry will start mining that column from then on. I've had nether quarries where only about 30% of the blocks were getting mined before, so I used a builders wand to lay cobble across the entire area, no problems after that.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Will the quarry kill/eat/quarry or get confused by a BC Pump's virtual pump shaft ? If it does not, you can try a BC Pump over the middle of your quarry and pump the lava out.

DaveyBeer1999

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a Turtle in the overworld and it ignores lava it goes on digging and when its inv is full she goes up dumps her stuff in a enderchest so I think that your could try that in the nether and it should ignore the lava and go on digging..

Greets Davey Beer

I'm A Bear :p

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running a Turtle in the overworld and it ignores lava it goes on digging and when its inv is full she goes up dumps her stuff in a enderchest so I think that your could try that in the nether and it should ignore the lava and go on digging..

Greets Davey Beer

image.jpg

Reactions: null123

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019

Greets Davey Beer

So appearently turtles are female now :D

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking