Anyone Else Playing 1.6.2?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me and a few friends playing a 1.6.2 custom mod pack, or are other people doing it too? If you are running a 1.6.2 custom mod pack, say what mods you are using. If you aren't say what pack you are using. Just takin a poll and some opinions to see if people are 1.6.2 yet. Have a great day!

Ask me about a 1.6.2 modded server.

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
I pretty much made a copy of Forgecraft 2

1.6.2 with Forge , Applied Energistics , BiblioCraft , BinniesMods , BiomesOPlenty , BuildCraft , ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore , CompactSolars , ComputerCraft , EnderStorage , ExtraUtils , Factorization , FlatSigns , Forestry ,
GravityGun , Hats , HatStand , IChunUtil , IndustrialCraft2 , Infinibows , InventoryTweaks , IronChest , MiscPeripherals ,
GraviSuite , ModularPowerSuits , Morph , Mystcraft , Natura , NEIAddons , NotEnoughItems , ObsidiPlates , PortalGun ,
RailCraft , StevesCarts , Switches , TinkersConstruct , Translocator , Twillight Forest , Wirless Redstone.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I pretty much made a copy of Forgecraft 2

1.6.2 with Forge , Applied Energistics , BiblioCraft , BinniesMods , BiomesOPlenty , BuildCraft , ChickenChunks
CodeChickenCore , CompactSolars , ComputerCraft , EnderStorage , ExtraUtils , Factorization , FlatSigns , Forestry ,
GravityGun , Hats , HatStand , IChunUtil , IndustrialCraft2 , Infinibows , InventoryTweaks , IronChest , MiscPeripherals ,
GraviSuite , ModularPowerSuits , Morph , Mystcraft , Natura , NEIAddons , NotEnoughItems , ObsidiPlates , PortalGun ,
RailCraft , StevesCarts , Switches , TinkersConstruct , Translocator , Twillight Forest , Wirless Redstone.

How is this running for you, I know some of those are Dev builds...any glaring bugs you've found yet? I just started a new server...and if I can move to 1.6.2 and still reliably have all of those, I'm gonna have to look into that...

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
Played with the pack the last couple days , and never had a crash or gamebreaking bug.
There were some new updates today (Chickenbones , Applied Energistic , Finally the very first Extra bee/tree 1.6.2 version) but even with those it looks pretty stable so far.

Reactions: Staxed

BigBrother_

Jul 29, 2019
with the ue mods in addition to forgecraft mods, it makes 1.6 really cool, but the mod that's missing is Thermal Expansion

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
meh, I'm not all that excited for 1.6.2 mods. most of the things in 1.6 we already have in 1.5, and 1.5 already has most of our precious mods updated
Hay, horses, leads, hardened clay, stained clay, coal blocks, just in vanilla. Don't forget morph also. Hype!

Ask me about a 1.6.2 modded server.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a big troubles with BOP and some ID confilcts with IC2 and Binnie's mod and crashes with Advanced solars - i'm using compact solars instead. But the rest works fine - but i'm waiting for FTB pack with Thermal Expansion, new stuffs in Thaumcraft 3 and the rest of main mods from Unleashed pack.

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Realy missing TE, when thats updated ill be on 1.6.2 ASAP. However it seems to be going the RP/XYcraft route :(

Necr0maNceR

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower and Xycraft didn't go the same route. Redpower is for all intents and purposes dead, whereas Xycraft is still very much in development. If you saw any of Soaryn's livestreams, then you would know that a TON of content has already been added, and more is on the way. The main reason Soaryn didn't make a 1.5 update is because the work he would of had to have done to make it 1.5 compatible would of had to have been redone entirely for 1.6, and even then, a ton of the 1.5 Xycraft stuff wouldn't even be compatable with 1.6 worlds. So he decided, correctly, that it wouldn't be worth it to make a 1.5 update.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Realy missing TE, when thats updated ill be on 1.6.2 ASAP. However it seems to be going the RP/XYcraft route :(
Your not even close. Each three mods have had their own situation. First Elo wont give up her mod wont update it nor will talk to us. Thats horrible. Xycraft is still in Dev and the mod author has a live stream on twitch tv that he uses every week. Finally TE is being handed off by KL to people he trusts. TE will not ever be dead. These are all three different situations. IMO give up on rp2 and wait for TE and xycraft.

Reactions: Pokefenn

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't wait on anything if you're ready to update. There's no way to determine when someone will update a mod. There's plenty available now if you're willing to try.

Reactions: Arbitrary

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Don't you hate on king lemming.

Exactly where am I hating? Right, nowhere. Infact, I show that I realy like his work because its just his work I am waiting on to update...

Your not even close. Each three mods have had their own situation. First Elo wont give up her mod wont update it nor will talk to us. Thats horrible. Xycraft is still in Dev and the mod author has a live stream on twitch tv that he uses every week. Finally TE is being handed off by KL to people he trusts. TE will not ever be dead. These are all three different situations. IMO give up on rp2 and wait for TE and xycraft.

I look at it like this: RP did not update for 1.5 even though Elo tweeted she was planning to, XY was planned to update, features where teased, no update ever happenend. TE is now saying an update is planned, might be 1.6, might be 1.7. As such, it seems to be doing the exact same thing untill an actual release shows otherwise. Now what there future plans or IRL situations are is realy not all that interesting to me. If annything, such talk shows me that these mods are "maybes" instead of "solid updaters". Now I personally prefer making my modpack with "solid updaters" so that I can update along with minecraft versions (after a month, give or take a few weeks). Incase of TE though, Ill defenitly want to wait. Just because I like certain features abit to much.

scribley

Jul 29, 2019
I toyed with it some. Like you, I want horses!! Most of my play is on a private DW147 server with friends, so I guess I'll play with stuff I've ignored for a while. I keep checking the mod list occasionally. some day.

Mero

Jul 29, 2019
Hay, horses, leads, hardened clay, stained clay, coal blocks, just in vanilla. Don't forget morph also.

And not a single one of those items you listed interest me in the least.

I'll update when unleashed updates.

The entire reason I use one of the ftb teams modpacks is because I have neither the time nor the desire to create one myself.

The mods I actually want to use, such as TE, aren't updated yet a anyways.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I have thought about updating but I am not done with my current world. I am, just getting going with bees, and I have yet to go through the twilight forest. Just at the point of starting automation. Maybe in a few weeks.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
U know xycraft is already developed for 1.6 and Soaryn already done dev stream on twitch and showcase some of the new power generation and block.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Well, not to toot my horn, but ShneekeyCraft is updated to 1.6.2 on the ATLauncher... it's a fairly minimalist mod pack, but except for MFR and TE, it is functionally complete. Since TE isn't updated yet, I've included Mekanism for all of your automation and processing needs, plus several interesting power generation options. No converters necessary, since all of the Mekanism energy cubes do it in-house.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
And not a single one of those items you listed interest me in the least.

The stained clay is what I want more than anything. Its the first block in vanilla or mods that actually allows for modern builds without using a texture pack. I'm very excited about them. Finding a canyonland BoP biome makes clay collection a breeze.

Reactions: Staxed