Any way to get large amounts of Amber?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame that it seems to be such a finite resource, yet makes such beautiful blocks. Is there any way to effectively get large amounts of amber, aside from strip mining the entire map?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bee for everything :D

Hey are you the John Freeman who was Gordon Freeman's brother? If so, tell us more about how you defeated the Next Boss.

thijser

Jul 29, 2019
By the way why do you need a lot of amber? It seems to me like it's only really useful for research and trade. Both of which have better alternatives anyway.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
By the way why do you need a lot of amber? It seems to me like it's only really useful for research and trade. Both of which have better alternatives anyway.
Mentioned, I'm planning on using it for building, thus needing a lot.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
There's a bee for everything :D

Hey are you the John Freeman who was Gordon Freeman's brother? If so, tell us more about how you defeated the Next Boss.
Still waiting on Certrus Quartz myself.
EDIT: Hey Magic Bees is out, sweet, time to do the upgrade dance.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, know of any good ways to get emerald? Finding I just have to hop to my villagers in the iron farm occasionally for when I need them.[DOUBLEPOST=1370501100][/DOUBLEPOST]
Still waiting on Certrus Quartz myself.
EDIT: Hey Magic Bees is out, sweet, time to do the upgrade dance.
I found the easiest way to obtain Quartz was to quarry hollow hills in the twilight forest. Contains a fair amount of quartz crystals, as well as most of the twilight forest.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
With MFR the easiest way of gathering emeralds is using farmer villagers. Just make a fisher, some way of gathering wool, wheat and chicken and trade with him until you get as many emeralds as you want (I'd use 2 villagers for faster trading, no need to wait for trade regeneration). Another options are bees, in 1.5 MFR laser drill with lime focus or matterfabricator.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, yeah I guess it's easier if you don't have a map to maintain.
Yeah. But hey, MysteriousAges made a batch file to make the new config match your old one for smoothing that road bump. Plus with the regeneration feature in pretty much every mod(including Magic Bees BTW) you can start without it and add it later.