Any way to get large amounts of Amber?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Bees are really good, though they are a HUGE time investment. I don't think i've ever gotten anything better than tarnished legitimately.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
For any vanilla resource, not even bees can possibly compete with Magical Crops. Magical Crops are also compatible with MFR, so infinite emeralds, diamonds, vanilla ores, ender pearls, blaze rods, etc, are only an MFR farm away. You do have to mine your first bits of essence to make your first seeds, but harvesting a Magical Crop has a chance of giving a lesser essence. Those little things add up fast when you're harvesting a 25x25 farm.

So get your Fortune III pick and take 10 minutes to mine a couple stacks of essence, then profit like it's 1999. Wait...profit, then party like it's 1999.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Nice! There's a bee for that. I too loveeeee amber, always traded for it with anyone I was playing with. I _sooo_ wish they could be xytanks, want to store my honey in them >_< !!! so nice to make little rooms with :)

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
On another note, know of any good ways to get emerald? Finding I just have to hop to my villagers in the iron farm occasionally for when I need them.[DOUBLEPOST=1370501100][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found the easiest way to obtain Quartz was to quarry hollow hills in the twilight forest. Contains a fair amount of quartz crystals, as well as most of the twilight forest.
Never quarry quartz. Fortune III is your friend.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Never quarry quartz. Fortune III is your friend.
Yeah, if you can help it, don't quarry quartz. To get extra quartz you can use the Mining Laser from MFR, but I found a EE3 addon which lets me make quartz from iron.
I wonder, though. Recent MFR Updates have added a machine which can apply fortune to your block breaker, but I haven't tried it out yet. Makes me wonder if it goes above fortune 3.