Any possible way to unupdate a mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7hippo7

Jul 29, 2019
It wouldn't let me play the Ultimate pack unless I updated. I reeeeally didn't want to knowing full well we have people on our server unable to update. Meaning, the server can't update. :I So now I am unable to play because it forced me to update.

Is there any way to downgrade this? Or am I totally S.O.L.? :(

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
You can downgrade the pack, not an individual mod though.
See below:
7G9HmaE.png

Reactions: Ashzification

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
You CAN downgrade a mod, but you have to physically remove the updated mod and replace them with the outdated version (in the modpack folder).

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
You CAN downgrade a mod, but you have to physically remove the updated mod and replace them with the outdated version (in the modpack folder).
True, I just don't like telling people that. They go and try it, then get annoyed at me for mod version incompatibilities :p

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
True, I just don't like telling people that. They go and try it, then get annoyed at me for mod version incompatibilities :p
That's why on the help desk I only help with things that come provided in the downloads through the launcher. There's far too many variables.

But on the forums, I like to try to find better workarounds outside of the constraints of the launcher :)

Reactions: Nerixel

7hippo7

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, well, I tried to change the recommended setting there, and it said the server needed to be updated still. :< Just as well, now I can't even start up minecraft.

And, I did mean modpack. D: I just am very tired and messing up my wording. Sorry!

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest asking your server owner what versions of every mod they are using, then checking against your mods. If you find any differences, go to the mod's website/thread and download the version that matches your server.

Status
Not open for further replies.