Any good way to fill an area with water?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Basically, I'm thinking of something that works in the reverse of a pump, that would automatically fill a large area with water, creating lakes and that. I've heard of teraformers but I do not know how customizable they are.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
RP2 pumps can do that. Place a grate at the level you want the water. Connect the pump to a tank with an infinite water source and turn it on.

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
cover all area with glass for the water dont flood, use a rp2 pump with 2 solars panels and 1 timer. It will slowly fill perfectly all blocks with water source blocks without deformations

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember to also enclose in the area and don't leave any caves open either, otherwise your cave system around that area will also be filled with water up to the height of the grate..

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
Just remember to also enclose in the area and don't leave any caves open either, otherwise your cave system around that area will also be filled with water up to the height of the grate..
That would be bad, considering my base is dug out like this.
dGKhaNm.jpg

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
In Minecraft version 1.5 you can create water source blocks on top of other water source blocks so that makes it a bit simpler. Still have to put down water sources on two sides but it's better than before. Lining the sides with ice using a Filler would be my choice. In earlier versions you have to do checkerboard patterned pillars with sources and solid blocks and remove the blocks after you have the desired height.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah if you're in 1.4.7 you could fill the entire thing with ice. But I doubt it matters if you use wrathlamp or not, the light doesn't go further than normal through anything else but air. And you will have to build it in layers starting from bottom and melt it before you add the next one if you go that route.

You could potentially use a turtle to break the ice. If you do it from top down after filled fully with ice it doesn't even leave flowing water behind.