Any good free games?

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking for scary games, I'd recommend Cry of Fear. It's free, on steam, and it uses the source engine. Woot! (You can also play co-op: double woot !)

CDFuZziOnZ

Jul 29, 2019
If you're looking for a fast paced FPS then quakelive is one to go for. It's basically quake 3 but for browser. A quick plug-in install and registration and you're good to go!

Neo_Spade

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure no-one else has mentioned these so: Firstly I'd suggest you try Rusty Hearts, it's a great game (think Devil May Cry meets Streets of Rage, kinda direction... sorta), and the (on the EU servers anyway) community is quite nice too.

Also while not entirely so WoW is free until Level 20. (with a somewhat serve feature stripping) It's more of a really large (15GB-ish) demo, than a free game. Still worth a look if you want to get into it though.

Also try Toribash, that game is fun too! And having a knowledge of real martial arts can actually help you in that one! The community is a bit eh, but go in positive and everyone else seems to just fall into the same mindset too. This one is a fast download, and probably falls more into line of what you're thinking about when you said free games.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: FrankieTheSnake

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
League of legends but the community is not that well so :(
Yea, I quit the game because the community was so toxic...still, if you play on muted chat all the time, it's a decent game.

I'm sure no-one else has mentioned these so: Firstly I'd suggest you try Rusty Hearts, it's a great game (think Devil May Cry meets Streets of Rage, kinda direction... sorta), and the (on the EU servers anyway) community is quite nice too.

Also while not entirely so WoW is free until Level 20. (with a somewhat serve feature stripping) It's more of a really large (15GB-ish) demo, than a free game. Still worth a look if you want to get into it though.

Also try Toribash, that game is fun too! And having a knowledge of real martial arts can actually help you in that one! The community is a bit eh, but go in positive and everyone else seems to just fall into the same mindset too. This one is a fast download, and probably falls more into line of what you're thinking about when you said free games.

I hope this helps!
Haha yeah, Toribash is a mind blowing game which needs some practice and patience, but if you master it, it might be the most entertaining game.

Kazeodori

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't say what type of free games you're looking for, and no one else mentioned this. Kongregate has an insane amount of free games you can play. There's pretty much something for every one there.

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
World of Tanks and Lord of the Rings Online are two of my favorites (can't wait for World of Battleships to enter Beta!)

TheBytemaster

Jul 29, 2019
Might I recommend Imscared? Really really really great free indie horror game. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
It has slightly minimalist graphics, combined with the fantastic sounds and character monster terror incarnate, it really works well to create a great experience.
It's also very... Immersive. It will mess with you.

As for a free non-horror game, I recommend Meyhem Triple. Great arcade-style game with lots of fast gun-play, alien invasion, time travel, funny dialogue, and tons of replay value.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
For RTS i recommend warzone 2100.

Looks indie and dated, but its still a very solid RTS, and the research tech tree... OMG.

Heres a pic of it:
techTree.png

For me, any game that lets you research "Vehicle Superdense Thermal Armor MK3" has to be good :)

Edit: Spoilered the tech tree

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
If you like zombies, No More Room In Hell is a great change from the normal shoot-em-up zombie games. It actually requires that you work as a team. Best of all, it's free and no extra crap.

Last edited:

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
If you like zombies, no time left in hell is a great change from the normal shoot-em-up zombie games. It actually requires that you work as a team. Best of all, it's free and no extra crap.

If "No More Room in Hell" is the game you mean, then yeah, you are absolutely right. It is downloadable via Steam, great FPS survival game.

Reactions: dwappo