Any fun uses of octocobble?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm currently benchmarking Colin, using the cobble compressing process as a test.

2017-01-25_08.13.18.png

I'm only at sextuple at the moment, but with a few more layers of processors (and a bunch of extra quarries) I could probably start producing octocobble fairly soon. Is there any point besides bragging rights?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I feel like there was something to do with bedrockium, but it might not be in, depending on what you're using. I'm also not sure that counts as "fun" :p

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
fill a whole chunk full of one of those extremely compressed stuff?

sent from a phone using tapatalk.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
What I am going to do with mine is use it to make B&W pixel art out of a castle wall. With carpenter blocks overlayed with regular cobblestone and glowstone dust to act as a light source where needed so the whole wall lights up at night, and uses the various levels of compressed cobblestone to do the shading. I think it could look really cool. I'll mix some mossy blocks in there as well.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hehe :D I quite like that highly compressed cobble (Ok, not octuple, but still) is used to get to the Deep Dark - it makes it sound as though the density is warping spacetime enough to allow passage to and from another dimension.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I love such lovely dark blocks, and to have them be so strongly invulnerable? Hard to resist.
I love the idea of a castle wall of compressed cobble with each layer being a greyscale value in a picture.
As a witherproof material it can be a little troublesome to get, but I've run that way before.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Its also wither proof

Wait, by wither proof, do you mean to say that I can use compressed cobblestone to block in a wither that I spawn over, say, a golden spike to make a wither juicer? Does it need to be octo, or will any compressed cobblestone work?

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
To my knowledge only a septuple (7x) or octuple (8x) compressed cobble are witherproof.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Also, does anyone know whether the witherproof behaviour extends to the highly compressed cobble in Extra Utilities 2?