Anti Grief for forge server?

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen people use something like it before in a forge server, I just don't know how they got their hands on it. Someone also told me it was scripting with forge essentials so I'm quite confused.

Does it exist, if so where might I find this? If it is scripted with forge essentials where might I learn how to do that?

I plan on releasing a server but I will not until we can get a anti grief tool (or script) that can protect players without the need of a mod claiming land for them. The longer they are online the more blocks can be claimed, as per usual.

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, that seems like it's not the longer they play the more they can claim though. forgeessentials does what that seems to do (other then showing the actual zone by a barrier look holding tab).

I suppose I can try it though.

EDIT:

Also doesn't look like the players themselves can claim it. Unless I give them permission, but then I will have the issue of they aren't earning block claims they can just claim whatever they want, and that is not okay. Also zone overlapping is not okay either. (Unless it only overlaps the same owners zone, but the way it's worded it doesn't work like that.)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Have you looked up cauldron (or whatever it is called nowadays) plugins? Grief Prevention seems to do what you want, however in my past experience it tends to not cover every base with modded play. For instance the mod will prevent destruction of blocks and right click functionality but will still let you punch the blocks. This lets a playet take from barrels and TE cashes.
You also have mytown which is a somewhat mod friendly version of towny. But it's a chunk bound claim system where as GreifPrevention is a bit more fine tuned letting you select an area.
While it's rigid with defining claim areas it has a lot more functions and facilitates player town building. Also it's protections are much more robust as it prevents non permitted players from doing anything. A player even has the option to disallow entry to their plot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Bloodmorphed

Jul 29, 2019
Have you looked up cauldron (or whatever it is called nowadays) plugins? Grief Prevention seems to do what you want, however in my past experience it tends to not cover every base with modded play. For instance the mod will prevent destruction of blocks and right click functionality but will still let you punch the blocks. This lets a playet take from barrels and TE cashes.
You also have mytown which is a somewhat mod friendly version of towny. But it's a chunk bound claim system where as GreifPrevention is a bit more fine tuned letting you select an area.
While it's rigid with defining claim areas it has a lot more functions and facilitates player town building. Also it's protections are much more robust as it prevents non permitted players from doing anything. A player even has the option to disallow entry to their plot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Problem with that is, is cauldron isn't supported anymore, and I'd have to my own work on it to make it work the way I want. While I am usually willing to put a lot of work into things, I'm not willing to learn a completely different source, then figure out how to make it compatible with every mod I am currently using.

We are trying towny 2, so hopefully that works. However I think this will only be a temp solution as it is know to be a bit buggy. Also, preventing interaction may be able to change when claiming.