anti cheats mods?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to combat cheating. i recently found out some one has bound keys that lets them fly/move fast and another to see through blocks. i dont know if the person has more hacks applied or not but im a former Bukkit admin server owner and knew bukkit had anti cheating plugins

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Bukkit plugins, at least most of them should work with MCPC+. It's very stable and bug free based on my extensive testing.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
i dont run bukkit on this server in the past i ran a large bukkit server and had nocheat++ i believe the name was, plus other plugins to protect what people would claim/build

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't want to do that, I would suggest /ban as a valid option.
ya but the problem is its not 100% concrete proof i have and were a small server of just about 7 friends. i see a better solution as finding a way to stop the exploit than ban and cause up chaos among us

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
7 friends includes a hacker ? I say you just appeal to his friendship then and have him admit he was cheating, and if he's stammering denials get your entire server together and either sit down with him, or try to come to a solution together.

If you are friends and are asking for plugins to stop him from cheating, I think there is a better way.

Reactions: OmegaPython

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
A small aside.

Flying if it is just the simple client hack is easy to turn off in the server.properties look for allow-flight= and set it to false

The see through things is actually just a texture pack. Though some clients have it hacked in so they can swap between the X-Ray textures and the normal ones with a button. Sadly there is nothing you can do back that.

And yes a friend that is willing to be a huge douchenozzle to everyone else for his own fun is not much of a friend.

Hacked clients are out there that do much more and it is really hard to spot them outside of looking for the signs and seeing them do stuff personally. There is even a more advanced version of the Xray thing that actually shows blocks even obscured ones.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
A small aside.

Flying if it is just the simple client hack is easy to turn off in the server.properties look for allow-flight= and set it to false

The see through things is actually just a texture pack. Though some clients have it hacked in so they can swap between the X-Ray textures and the normal ones with a button. Sadly there is nothing you can do back that.

And yes a friend that is willing to be a huge douchenozzle to everyone else for his own fun is not much of a friend.

Hacked clients are out there that do much more and it is really hard to spot them outside of looking for the signs and seeing them do stuff personally. There is even a more advanced version of the Xray thing that actually shows blocks even obscured ones.

ya i know people can swap textures to see through stuff, and i dont want to turn allow flight off because it interferes with some mods that lets us build flying machines. but recent events have made some one share his mod pack files with every one because direwolf20 updated and im having issues updating it on my hoster he shared his older files with every one and this is how i found out some keys had bindings like this. ps if any one knows of info that talks how to update direwolf20 modpack that be help to XD. im used to bukket installing one update at a time per plugin updating not a whole set of mods XD