An Adventure Role Playing Game.

Would You like to see an RP game on the forums kind of like D'N'D?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing werewolf lately, and while that's all good and fun, I would like to play something... different. I would like to create an Adventure type game similar to D'N'D where you can create your own character with certain skills and team up with(or against if that's how you roll) in order to complete the task assigned by the GM. Though I would like to talk to you guys on how that might work and if you too would like to do that.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

ThomazM

Phoenix Team Founder
Jun 11, 2013
The Immortal's Cemetery
Though it would be an awesome idea, the amount of skill and experience in role-playing in general necessary to make this work would probably cause more troubles than fun. Me and a couple of friends in here tried this once, but it didn't work out as planned, people didn't knew how to differentiate between acts they could control, and things the 'master' would define. Summarizing, you could try, I would join, but I'm really not sure if it would work.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to be using this site a lot if this goes through
http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/
I even made a Good-ish looking map for these types of games
4eyj5vo.jpg

this just being an example of course

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I have a character I would like to use. It incorporates my love for nature--type magics and my love for my character not actually doing fighting. The basicconcept is, my character is a dryad. Through his life as a human, he grew closer and closer with nature, eventually being accepted as a dryad. To become one, he had to fuse with his spirit tree, becoming one with it. Dryads have enormous life-spans, infinite actually, but they are not invincible. A dryad can be killed, but won't die of natural causes.

Anywho, what the character actually does is he endows plants with sentience, and gets them to fight for him. He can use special spells like photosynthesize or growth to buff these allies. Usually, I'll have a group of allies with me at all times, as they take quite a lot of mana to animate.

As a bonus, any non-intelligent creature (like say, a wolf) will not be able to attack him unless I or one of my allies attacks first.

I am much less effective in less habitable climates (deserts, tundras, or indoors) but have certain skills to compensate.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
I have a character I would like to use. It incorporates my love for nature--type magics and my love for my character not actually doing fighting. The basicconcept is, my character is a dryad. Through his life as a human, he grew closer and closer with nature, eventually being accepted as a dryad. To become one, he had to fuse with his spirit tree, becoming one with it. Dryads have enormous life-spans, infinite actually, but they are not invincible. A dryad can be killed, but won't die of natural causes.

Anywho, what the character actually does is he endows plants with sentience, and gets them to fight for him. He can use special spells like photosynthesize or growth to buff these allies. Usually, I'll have a group of allies with me at all times, as they take quite a lot of mana to animate.

As a bonus, any non-intelligent creature (like say, a wolf) will not be able to attack him unless I or one of my allies attacks first.

I am much less effective in less habitable climates (deserts, tundras, or indoors) but have certain skills to compensate.
In D'N'D, each player fills out a character sheet. And I realized I need a Players Handbook, then I saw an actual Character Sheet in excel and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD they are extremely complicated. I am considering making one just for this but it would be extremely difficult without some help, SO, anyone wanna help me make this game?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
In D'N'D, each player fills out a character sheet. And I realized I need a Players Handbook, then I saw an actual Character Sheet in excel and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD they are extremely complicated. I am considering making one just for this but it would be extremely difficult without some help, SO, anyone wanna help me make this game?
I allocate all my points in animal husbandry
There is not a problem that cannot be solved with creative and imaginative use of the animal husbandry skill.
(Maybe I can help? Not really design, but...)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Suggestion:
If we wanted to do this, we should have a sign-up thread, and only have 20 people join, in a private convo. That way, we can have a set number of people for a game or two. No random people will join in, and we'll be able to play. After a few games or quests or whatever, we can make a new signup thread and have another conversation for another game/round

Reactions: 1SDAN and ThomazM

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion:
If we wanted to do this, we should have a sign-up thread, and only have 20 people join, in a private convo. That way, we can have a set number of people for a game or two. No random people will join in, and we'll be able to play. After a few games or quests or whatever, we can make a new signup thread and have another conversation for another game/round
sounds good, first we would need to make the game though, which will be challenging, but fun none the less

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I'm in. I play DND on a weekly basis. Could you add me to the creation convo?