Problem Ampz on mac

ElKjartano

Jul 29, 2019
When i start the server the server.jar it starts up like a vanilla server it doesn't say loading "mod" or something like that like the other modpacks and when i go on the server and try to give myself something it says "no item with that id" and if i give myself it through creative mode and try to place it down it disappears. I can place down normal blocks but not anything from a mod. Whats going on? Do i have to start up the server in some special way?

dedbbs

Jul 29, 2019
You have to run it in a specific way, look at the .bat file that comes with it for a place to start.... I don't know how java command line switches work on OSX, but on windows you'd type in:

javaw -Xms512M -Xmx512M -cp forge.jar;server.jar net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer

from the command line. It's more than just running server.jar - just figure out a way to do this on OSX! :3

Ultrasaurus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I created a bash script with this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
java -Xms2028M -Xmx4048M -cp forge.jar:server.jar net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer

and it worked great!

Note: mac/unix requires : instead of ; and I bumped up the RAM

ElKjartano

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I created a bash script with this:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
java -Xms2028M -Xmx4048M -cp forge.jar:server.jar net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer

and it worked great!

Note: mac/unix requires : instead of ; and I bumped up the RAM
sorry but I keep getting this:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/server/MinecraftServer
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
logout

[Process completed]

Can you explain what you did and what to do.