Amount of diamonds in a MC world

whyistheskyblue

Jul 29, 2019
This estimation works on averages so it is not exact. The minecraft world extends 30 million blocks out in any direction making it a 60 000 000² large world. So 60 million by 60 million which is 360 000 000 000 000 divide that by 16 for chunks and you get 225 000 000 000 000 chunks . with an average of 3.097 diamonds per chunk. you get an average of 696 825 000 000 000 diamonds per world. so if you want to mine out a 60 000 000*60*60 000 000 large area than be my guest and never worry about diamonds again. not sure if this has been done before and i am too lazy to check

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, 60 million times 60 million would be 3 600 000 000 000 000. You forgot a pack of 0s. 225 billiard chunks is correct. Ok, you were right. I made a response because of the lack of three 0s.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
This is always something I had wondered about. What about all the gold, or iron in the world? Copper, Aluminum? What about UU matter, how much would that be worth in real life? The world may never know...

Reactions: Cirom

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
This is always something I had wondered about. What about all the gold, or iron in the world? Copper, Aluminum? What about UU matter, how much would that be worth in real life? The world may never know...

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsieroll pop? 400. I counted ounce back in high school.

How Do they get that caramel in the caramilk bar. That's the real secret!

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing that E is the cost?

E = mc^2.

Energy = matter * speedOfLight^2

How much 1 piece of UU should be worth in energy.

EDIT:

If 1 UU is 1 gram, then you should get like 90 quadrillion Joules (+- 2m) worth of energy.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
E = mc^2.

Energy = matter * speedOfLight^2

How much 1 piece of UU should be worth in energy.

EDIT:

If 1 UU is 1 gram, then you should get like 90 trillion Joules (+- 2m) worth of energy.

So then I guess it's safe to say that C=(E=Mc^2)^4?

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
So then I guess it's safe to say that C=(E=Mc^2)^4?

Not quite. Cost is directly affected by the efficiency of the energy producer when converting energy to matter. Now, we have produced matter from energy. That is the basis of particle accelerators. You add energy to a subatomic particle so that when the energy is released through a collision with another high energy particle new particles are formed. The problem is that these reactions hardly ever produce any stable particles at all. Physicists analyze the decay patterns of those particles to find out what was initially produced.

Matter/energy equivalence just means that anything with mass contains massive amounts of energy. Fusion reactions typically release less than 2% of available mass, and they are second only to matter/antimatter in conversion efficiency. Matter/antimatter reactions release all energy contained within the mass of the particles.

To create something even similar to UU matter(in other words, a stable form of a massive particle)the energy required is beyond anything feasible. 90 trillion Joules, as Riuga said, is just how much energy is in a gram of matter. Increase that several orders of magnitude to get an idea of how energy would need to be expended to create one gram of stable matter.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
what about the effect of fortune enchant?
about 9920624999999998 diamonds...
Interestingly IRL UUM might probably be some form of quantum material allowing different "volumes/pieces/units" of it to reform into its dramatically different 'real' masses.
(such a one piece can from 16m^3 of stone, but 9 makes a tiny diamond)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite. Cost is directly affected by the efficiency of the energy producer when converting energy to matter. Now, we have produced matter from energy. That is the basis of particle accelerators. You add energy to a subatomic particle so that when the energy is released through a collision with another high energy particle new particles are formed. The problem is that these reactions hardly ever produce any stable particles at all. Physicists analyze the decay patterns of those particles to find out what was initially produced.

Matter/energy equivalence just means that anything with mass contains massive amounts of energy. Fusion reactions typically release less than 2% of available mass, and they are second only to matter/antimatter in conversion efficiency. Matter/antimatter reactions release all energy contained within the mass of the particles.

To create something even similar to UU matter(in other words, a stable form of a massive particle)the energy required is beyond anything feasible. 90 trillion Joules, as Riuga said, is just how much energy is in a gram of matter. Increase that several orders of magnitude to get an idea of how energy would need to be expended to create one gram of stable matter.

If only one could conserve energy lossed due to friction :/

But iff you follow conversation rates, 1 EU = an obscene amount of RL Joules.

Reactions: rymmie1981