Am I the only one who uses bronze armour?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I've never seen anyone use it even though its a really good early-game armour. It lasts at least as long as iron, gives the same amount of protection as diamond, and isn't exactly expensive. Its more expensive now after the forestry bronze nerf but its still a hell of a lot cheaper than diamond. Yet I never see anyone use it. How come?

As an aside: does anyone know what the enchantability of bronze is?

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I do use it, but only the stuff I find in villages and dungeons. So I don't actually craft any Bronze armor.

The main reason I don't craft it is because I like to get Nano or other high tech armor and I can usually do that before my first set of Bronze runs out. If higher tier armor would be harder to get I would probably use Bronze or other types of armor more often.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I do use it, but only the stuff I find in villages and dungeons. So I don't actually craft any Bronze armor.

The main reason I don't craft it is because I like to get Nano or other high tech armor and I can usually do that before my first set of Bronze runs out. If higher tier armor would be harder to get I would probably use Bronze or other types of armor more often.

^this, I use what I find in chests. if I don't find anything my first choice would be nano armour.

silenos

Jul 29, 2019
TBH the only armor sets I usually build are Nano and later Quantum. Until Nano I just use random armor pieces from chests.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to use it, since I play on Hard difficulty all the time.

When a single hit from an Enderman takes off half your health bar, and creepers can one-shot you from 3-4 blocks away, then you get used to wearing armor all the time really really quickly :p In fact, an iron chestplate is usually the second thing I spend my iron on, after making a single iron pickaxe. Bronze, of course, is noticeably better still (although honestly, something so cheap shouldn't be that good. It ought to be nerfed.)

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
I used to make it, but that was before disabling most of the copper/tin ores. Before there was copper and tin everywhere (I mean EVERYwhere). Now I have to hunt for them. I much prefer it this way though.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
I agree with ewsmith, I personally use almost all of my copper and tin on a daily basis as forestry is my main fortay. Also due to the fact that I bought quantum armour for one diamond credit a piece which is super cheap.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say copper and tin is more valuable than iron, based upon my average yields of the stuff. I've got around 150 stacks of iron ore, yet only around 60 stacks of both copper and tin.

Besides that, though, you can normally find loads of bronze armor in chests, so it'd be good to wear it when you find it as you cannot decraft it using the uncrafting bench (I toss it in the macerator to turn it into dust, instead).

Reactions: Lambert2191