Am I the only one that does this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DragonOfDread

Jul 29, 2019
When I'm bored, I just make a new creative world and just start automating random tasks, please tell me I am not the only person who does this?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of. Only, I do it on our Infinity server in my evil lab secret warehouse. Sometimes I move the production line into actual use after. Sometimes I disassemble it for parts.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just think of it like doing your homework, or you're an athlete practicing long hours with nobody knowing or caring, all to prepare yourself for that big moment when it really counts.

Me, I'm always too busy working in my world in whatever modpack I'm playing to spend time practicing. But that's also probably why I get stuck in a rut a lot, and end up doing the same thing the same exact way in modpack after modpack.

Reactions: Dante12129

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I do keep creative worlds where I can more freely experiment with new thought up contraptions and learn new mods before I implement them into my proper worlds.
But I wouldn't find any motivation in just automating things just for the sake of it.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I used to do it but then they where mostly to see if I could make an infinite loop out of it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I do keep creative worlds where I can more freely experiment with new thought up contraptions and learn new mods before I implement them into my proper worlds.
But I wouldn't find any motivation in just automating things just for the sake of it.
Same here. I automate if I anticipate a need for it and to get around doing repetitive work.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My creative world is a nightmare landscape of ruined terrain and monstrous contraptions of death and destruction. Somehow I ended up with a superflat world with villages spawning in random places....

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
I use a test world to see if cross-mod stuff will work and to check if exploits haven't changed... Also nice to get away from the lag sometimes.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In seriousness I have tested a few things in creative to make sure they work before I drop loads of resources on them in grownup mode.

Back in Monster I spent ages trying to make a fully automated Titanium purifying rig using TiCo, Mariculture and AE/extracells.

It took me a while to get the balancing right on that one.

And so far in this generation i've been messing about trying to get RoC steam engines to cool off with cooling fins so I can use them in my new base down at bedrock (starting temp ~85 degrees, it's difficult to add enough cooling so that the fire doesn't explode them :-/)