Alternative treecapitator?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I've been playing tekkit lite for a while and I'm used to the tree capitator mod, which allows you to cut the lowest piece in the tree and it will fall down.

I tried to add it but got some errors so I couldn't run the server with the mod, does anyone know the fix or an alternative way to get a mod like this?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You could use an Axe of the Stream from Thaumcraft, it's specifically made to chop down trees regardless of size by striking only the bottom block. No need for an extra mod.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the lumber axe from Tinkers construct, it basically does exactly what treecapacitor does (chops the whole tree when the lowest piece goes). If its a tree it doesn't recognise then it'll chop in a 3x3x3 cube, centred on the block you chopped.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you're on tekkit lite... never mind.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
No, he said he used to play Tekkit Lite and thus knows Treecapitator, but now plays FTB which doesn't have that mod, and he wants a replacement. ;)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Are you adding it right? Treecapitator is a coremod. It also requires bspkrscore, which goes in the mods folder.

Mannen

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use the lumber axe from Tinkers construct, it basically does exactly what treecapacitor does (chops the whole tree when the lowest piece goes). If its a tree it doesn't recognise then it'll chop in a 3x3x3 cube, centred on the block you chopped.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you're on tekkit lite... never mind.
Yeah I've thought about that axe aswell, but wood is mostly needed in the early stages and I have no clue how to get that axe, thanks though :)
No, he said he used to play Tekkit Lite and thus knows Treecapitator, but now plays FTB which doesn't have that mod, and he wants a replacement. ;)
Thanks for clearing that out, haha. :)

Are you adding it right? Treecapitator is a coremod. It also requires bspkrscore, which goes in the mods folder.
Had no idea it required bspkrscore aswell! It works like a charm now, thank you!

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I've thought about that axe aswell, but wood is mostly needed in the early stages and I have no clue how to get that axe, thanks though :)

Its not bad really, you can even make one out of stone. Just make a stencil for the required components, put them in the part builder with some cobble, and you're good to go (this is assuming you know how TConstruct works already).

iconmaster

Jul 29, 2019
Modular Powersuits has an addon for the Power Glove, the Axe, which does something similar. MachineMuse has said that it's going to be reworked soon, though.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that the dartcraft axe also has this functionality. IIRC you have to upgrade it with a force log

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
Timber is specifically only for vanilla wood. You need to use treecapitator and make sure you put the mods in the right folders. I am using treecapitator without any issues. You can always either ask this forum for help installing it or you can go to the forum for treecapitator. But no one can help you without a crash log...

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Its not bad really, you can even make one out of stone. Just make a stencil for the required components, put them in the part builder with some cobble, and you're good to go (this is assuming you know how TConstruct works already).
Nowadays the heavy tools require a tool forge which costs 36 iron.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Nowadays the heavy tools require a tool forge which costs 36 iron.
Indeed. And you have to be knowledgable on the subject of tc while tree cap is just assumed. The iron isn't huge and could be gotten kinda easy but whatever...

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed. And you have to be knowledgable on the subject of tc while tree cap is just assumed. The iron isn't huge and could be gotten kinda easy but whatever...
Yeah, of course. It depends on how early is meant with "early game"; there's quite a lot of things you might want to do with your first stack of iron!

Granted, lumber axe and excavator are pretty high on the list if one doesn't use DartCraft.