alternative to thaumic bees for managing flux?

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
I made the mistake of having three alviaries with purifying bees around my magic laboratory, and have totally ruined the vis in the entire area over the course of a couple weeks.

The problem? Purifying node bees DUMP massive amounts of vis from the node, and also reduce flux at the same time. But that means for the node to replenish itself, it has to consume crystals in the area around it, and around all the nearby nodes. And the bees do this repeatedly, constantly. So I now have a 1800-vis node with 0 vis in it, and no vis out to at least 16 chunk radius. Very frustrating, I'm going to have to take a few nearby nodes, use clusters to pump them, and enclose them so the wisps don't get out of hand. But unfortunately, I'm still screwed when it comes to the weather.

Does anybody else have a way to manage things more cleanly, for my next minecraft world?

TDarkShadow

Jul 29, 2019
When you give the purifying bees the No Flower Pollination trait with Extra Bees machines, do they still absorb vis from the auro node?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well, if you put in crystal clusters, that'd manage the bees removing the vis, as thats the only renewable source of vis present in the game, you probably should have some anyway.

Other than that, crystal capacitors to help with flux caused by draining the node too much, and pure node for their clensing abilities. But I think that's pretty much it from the thaumcraft mechanics

Flux was designed to be that little niggly annoyance that you can't avoid entirely no matter what point in the game you are.