Alternates to Ender Chests? And Chunk Loaders? (Possible?)

iamjackproskater

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
Problem #1: I play on a server where ender chests are banned which causes the problem that i cant send items from a quarry location to my base to be sorted. Anyone know of any other way of completing this task, I know there are a thousand different blocks in FTB and im hoping one has a similar function to ender chests any reply would be great.

Problem #2: Chunk loaders are also banned, does anyone know of an alternative block that will keep the chunks loaded. I know a quarry will do it but they are too expensive and dont load enough as i cant set it with markers as those are also banned. Any block that will keep chunks loaded and are cheap would fit perfect.

I would appreciate a response of any kind thanks

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
1) Item Tesseracts. Rather than a chest that needs to be pumped into/out of, it's basically a teleport pipe.

2) If chunk loaders are banned, don't try to get around the limitation in some sneaky way. Your method will just end up getting banned as well, and maybe you along with it.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
if you have enough resources, just set up a minecart line. take the railcraft crowbar and link a few chest-minecarts together, aswell as one for you to sit in. and ride the train from the mining site to your base. basically, you are the chunkloader and ride your stuff between the bases. with item loaders/unloaders, you can automate the loading and unloading process... if you need to transport large amounts of oil, that would work too. just set up a liquid transposer to fill tons of cans (tin cans, wax cans or aluminum cans) and then transport them in chestcarts... way more efficient than tankcarts, which can only store 16 buckets.

but if you need to transfer the items beween worlds: the only way I can think of is: if you have a friend there with the same problem, you can help each other. one player stays at the starting point, the other one at the destination. and then you need a powerful transfer system. if mystcraft is available, you can set up a minecart line through a mystcraft portal. with item loaders and unloaders, you can transport tons of items between the worlds.

the item tesseract would also work in this way, but I don't know how efficient it would be... sincy you only need it for a few minutes a day, you easily can cooperate with a friend.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts are your friend

For your quarry, you'd have to set up some sort of item buffering as well as item tesseracts as there's no chunk loaders and so thus if you're out of your base or offline, your quarry has nowhere to send items.

Both ends of a tesseract must be loaded for it to be able to send items in between, but it trumps having to unload it all by hand.[DOUBLEPOST=1362119094][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, about the chunk loaders thing

Perhaps you could suggest to your server admin about utilising the ChickenChunks loader, there is a configuration option which allows them to set how many chunks per person they are allowed to load.

Rather than having none at all, if people are limited to say, 10 chunks each, that's plenty to play around with as spot loaders, and the actual chunk loader itself, without being excessive and overloading the server.
Means you also have to think carefully about where you place your chunk loaders, instead of plonking one down for every little thing that may be helped by having it constantly loaded.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
magic mirrors act as tesseracts as well, just use vis.

and portals of portalguns can chunkload.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,
Problem #1: I play on a server where ender chests are banned which causes the problem that i cant send items from a quarry location to my base to be sorted. Anyone know of any other way of completing this task, I know there are a thousand different blocks in FTB and im hoping one has a similar function to ender chests any reply would be great.

Problem #2: Chunk loaders are also banned, does anyone know of an alternative block that will keep the chunks loaded. I know a quarry will do it but they are too expensive and dont load enough as i cant set it with markers as those are also banned. Any block that will keep chunks loaded and are cheap would fit perfect.

I would appreciate a response of any kind thanks

From what your saying even if you did find a way to auto export items to your base from a remote location it would be banned as well as soon as the admin/staff find out, there are 2 reasons why server admins do this type of thing one is to save server load, can be that the bandwidth/ram/hd is limited so they must take steps to limit lag or upgrade server, but may not be in a position to cover the cost, second reason is that some admins run a donate servers IE your are limited in what you can do unless you donate set amounts "the more cash the more access" these ppl are often out for a quick couple of bucks.

There are a couple of ways around your problem but I would say best way would be to find a server that does not cripple its player base, rather one that informs its players & advises newer players on was to avoid lag issues.

Sry cant offer more help than that, with out having a lot more details.

Dravarden I would take it as a gimmie that portals & portal spawners would be on ban list if ender chests & loaders are.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Rather than having none at all, if people are limited to say, 10 chunks each, that's plenty to play around with as spot loaders, and the actual chunk loader itself, without being excessive and overloading the server.
Means you also have to think carefully about where you place your chunk loaders, instead of plonking one down for every little thing that may be helped by having it constantly loaded.

In addition to this, the chicken chunks loaders can also be set to be only online when the player is, which is pretty useful for servers.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
@egor66: or even worse, if the admin gets angry, he could ban the player.

there are enough possibilities for a setup that allows the player to move large amounts of items around.

the only thing with those carts is: if the player needs to travel ~1000 blocks, that means 63 chunks distance. chunkloaders on each end means: 18 chunks loaded, and it works.

if a cart with chunkloader travels the distance, that means 189 chunks loading and unloading (the track + the chunks next to the track).

if a player rides on a cart for this distance, and the chunkloading distance is 10 (means a square of 21x21, around the player), it means: 1323 chunks get loaded and unloaded. AND transmitted to the players client (who is absolutely not interested in what's going on around the track... the player might not even watch the screen but goes to the toilet for this time).

chunkloaders might be the better solution. personsal chunkloaders and limits that people can't use too many.

Reactions: Symon