Problem All of Brierie Server Server list forum posts have been removed

AlistairCheek

Jul 29, 2019
Hey team,

I was notified by our players that we no longer seem to have any server lists on the FTB forums any longer. I have had no notifications to these being removed but it seems that they have been, any chance we can get this looked into as i am very unsure to why they have been removed. They were posted with this account if that helps.

Thank you in advance.

AlistairCheek

Jul 29, 2019
Yes you are correct about the eula but that is with mojang not FTB. It does not state any where on the rules that what i am doing on FTB is against their rules:

It has recently came to my attention that some servers with posts in the server section are giving players ingame rewards for writing favourable reviews about their servers. This is not acceptable.

We have came to the decision that ingame rewards for reviewing a server are allowed however you must clearly state that the review should be honest.

Any users that have submitted reviews can go back and edit them if you feel your review was not honest. If you come across a server giving rewards for good reviews then please use the report button to report it to us and explain where we can see they are giving these rewards. Once again to be clear giving rewards for honest reviews is allowed but rewarding only for good reviews is not.

Also, please do not use the server reviews to apply for a whitelist. Use a different method, such as a Google form.

Reviews will not be removed unless they violate the basic rules.​

As you can see i have broken none of these rules, also there are many other servers that do what we do like devco MyFTB.de Grumpycraft and much more. In specific terms as well the selling of ingame modded items is not against the licencing of overall majority of mod devs software as it is opensource.

AlistairCheek

Jul 29, 2019
Also details of general rules for FTB:

• Be respectful. No racist, sexist or homophobic comments will be tolerated.
  • Be polite. Do not use obscenities or engage in name-calling.
  • Post topics in the appropriate forums.
  • No Spam posts.
  • Do not argue with a moderator. If you have an issue with a moderator talk to a global mod. If you have an issue with a global mod contact Slowpoke.
  • Profile pictures should be in good taste, non-offensive. Do not use your profile picture to make a statement about a personal world view.
  • No buy selling or unsolicited advertising of items or services on the forums.
  • Do not use adfly or similar links in posts without prior permission.

Rules can be added to or changed at any time. Ignorance of the rules is not grounds for breaking the rules.
Moderators reserve the right to edit delete or change anything that breaks these rules as needed.

Our policy on ETA's:
The only ETA for any pack releases or projects that we are working on is: that they will be released when they are ready.

Any ETA other than this that you get from anyone within FTB is purely speculation and should not be taken as fact.

Warning points are assigned for rule-breaking and inappropriate behavior.

• 5 warning points - 1 week timeout from the forums
  • 10 warning points - Permanent ban from the forums.
If a post is inappropriate enough you may be timed out or permanently banned without a warning. Ban Evading will turn a temporary ban into a permanent one.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
As you can see i have broken none of these rules
I can't see that, I'm not a moderator - I just suggested that it might be due to rule breaking.

also there are many other servers that do what we do like devco MyFTB.de Grumpycraft and much more. In specific terms as well the selling of ingame modded items is not against the licencing of overall majority of mod devs software as it is opensource.
Just because someone else is doing something doesn't make it right for you to do it as well.

Yes you are correct about the eula but that is with mojang not FTB.
It's very much frowned upon.

Gaz_

FTB App
Team Member
Web Developer
Global Moderator
Feb 4, 2013
Yes you are correct about the eula but that is with mojang not FTB. It does not state any where on the rules that what i am doing on FTB is against their rules:

It has recently came to my attention that some servers with posts in the server section are giving players ingame rewards for writing favourable reviews about their servers. This is not acceptable.

We have came to the decision that ingame rewards for reviewing a server are allowed however you must clearly state that the review should be honest.

Any users that have submitted reviews can go back and edit them if you feel your review was not honest. If you come across a server giving rewards for good reviews then please use the report button to report it to us and explain where we can see they are giving these rewards. Once again to be clear giving rewards for honest reviews is allowed but rewarding only for good reviews is not.

Also, please do not use the server reviews to apply for a whitelist. Use a different method, such as a Google form.

Reviews will not be removed unless they violate the basic rules.​

As you can see i have broken none of these rules, also there are many other servers that do what we do like devco MyFTB.de Grumpycraft and much more. In specific terms as well the selling of ingame modded items is not against the licencing of overall majority of mod devs software as it is opensource.

I can't see that, I'm not a moderator - I just suggested that it might be due to rule breaking.

Just because someone else is doing something doesn't make it right for you to do it as well.

It's very much frowned upon.

After talking with one mod maker, his interpretation of the Minecraft/Mojang EULA is that modded items fall under the EULA as well.

Other people have said that when it comes to modded items its a bit of a grey area.

I also asked in the #MinecraftHelp IRC channel on esper.net and the reply i got was as follows, though this is not a response from Mojang.
Franz_2018-01-01_20-03-02.png

AlistairCheek

Jul 29, 2019
Which is true Gaz_ the issue is that this is not a rule on FTB forums nor have i had any warnings, and if this rule was put into place pretty much all the servers listed on the forum posts need to be removed also then.

Gaz_

FTB App
Team Member
Web Developer
Global Moderator
Feb 4, 2013
Which is true Gaz_ the issue is that this is not a rule on FTB forums nor have i had any warnings, and if this rule was put into place pretty much all the servers listed on the forum posts need to be removed also then.
I understand, as i am not a moderator here im not in the position to speculate on things. The only thing i can say it to wait for @Watchful11 or @Quetzi to answer this. As they are the only people i know who manage that section of the forums

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
It's internal policy to delete server listings if the servers are selling mod items for real world money. We've had numerous complaints in the past from mod developers about such servers.

It happens rarely enough that we never bothered to add it to the rules, I'll see about getting it in there now.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
In specific terms as well the selling of ingame modded items is not against the licencing of overall majority of mod devs software as it is opensource.
Even one mod is enough.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
We have updated the server rules. I'll look into those other networks. Feel free to report individual server listings if you see any violations.

AlistairCheek

Jul 29, 2019
So can i ask why this rule has now been put into place, i find it very hard to understand why FTB would be bothered about a EULA that does not affect them? Brierie Has been around before the EULA came about and we do not force people to buy items as they can be made in the game (apart from chunk loaders). If the community was not happy with this they would not play on our servers nor would they pay for something for over the 5 years we have been running this community, we are harming no one.

AndersWithTheCat

Jan 23, 2013
Denmark
Shit happens when u turn a hobby into a company basiclly, happy to see that theres atleast some gaming communitys that is talking care of such things. ofc a warning would been great. but it isnt hard to make new postings! :)

AlistairCheek

Jul 29, 2019
@Watchful11 I have yet to see any of these other servers being taken down right now I feel like the Brierie Community has been picked out from the rest, what is fair is to either remove these or add us back on the list if i am to be quite honest here.