Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayard

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I update the pack it Creates a brand new world over my old one, I back up click on the back up files and saves as well

The_Onion

Jul 29, 2019
Ever since updating to 2.1.6, Im having a problem where all my mfr machines(planters, harvesters, sludge boiler) stop working after logging off and back onto my server. I have to manually go around to each machine, break it, and place it back down for them to work again. Getting pretty annoying...

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
Report on 2 encountered bugs

1) The crafting recipe for the white ceramic dye is the same as the recipe for porcelain, only porcelain can be crafted.

2) MFR Fruit Picker cuts down the fruit trees from Harvestcraft (I've yet to try forestry saplings).

I'm using V 2.1.6, no +/- mods, default configs.

Edit** I seem to have resolved issue 2 by replacing platinum upgrades with bronze upgrades, cause still unknown.

Last edited:

Equitime

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be able to store fluid source blocks in a filing cabinet hooked up to an Applied Energistics storage bus. My filing cabinet emptied and i never but a filter on the bus and my milk farm and water gen started filling it. i have something like 100 water and 70 milk in it. i can take them out and use them as creative created source blocks and can store them back in as well.

And as a side note I've never done bees before and started on the bees quest line and it did not help me at all. I'm not saying this pack has to teach me everything but most quest chains start slow enough to help me learn them but bees just left me behind fast. It would be cool if there was an in game book to teach basic breeding. Just the true basics i mean. Take a forest then mix with meadows until you get a pure bred common would be good enough. once i knew how to get a common the rest was just mixing and having fun. but not knowing the difference between a "purebred" or how to make a mixed bee like a common or noble is annoying when this pack is amazing at teaching all the other (non mariculture :p) mods. If you don't want to take the time and don't mind someone else making the book ( if a book was decided to be put in) then i would write it even.

(edit) I just remembered, The quest for the multiblock bee hive thing (alviary?) doesn't say how to make that either. the whole quest chain for bees assumes the player knows bees. I had to spend quite a while looking around to find all the info online because the main forestry web site is missing info on things from Frames to the multiblocks. and the videos i had to look up are for older versions of FTB modpacks. As i said a book for new bee keepers or updated quest text would be nice. (or both because i like to read lots of info :D)

Florastar? has a very very good set of tutorial vids you should watch

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mechman007

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry I can't provide much info as I don't know what info would be relevant. My Thaumonomicon has reset! I no longer have the things unlocked that I once did!
I don't know how this happened, i'm using 2.1.6, I found my laser drill stopped working and so I relogged, next thing I know, I didn't have enough knowledge to scan a nether quartz ore, I thought 'that's weird?' and so I checked my other items- all items I had scanned with complex elements had question marks! So I relogged, which fixed this!
Later on (Now) I check my thauminomicon (which I had almost everything unlocked) and it had everything locked! I couldn't make my lamps because of this!

Please help, sorry for such little info! How can I 'cheat' my self these things back, also how can this get fixed!

Feel free to ask me questions and i'll try to provide as much info as I can- i'm hoping I don't have to run a back up, made alot of progress within that time!

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Report on 2 encountered bugs

1) The crafting recipe for the white ceramic dye is the same as the recipe for porcelain, only porcelain can be crafted.

2) MFR Fruit Picker cuts down the fruit trees from Harvestcraft (I've yet to try forestry saplings).

I'm using V 2.1.6, no +/- mods, default configs.

Edit** I seem to have resolved issue 2 by replacing platinum upgrades with bronze upgrades, cause still unknown.

The procelain and ceramic dye are interchangeable in recipes.. or they should be.

iShot

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Jadedcat,

I'm part of the administrator team of a fairly big Agrarian Skies server, we are aware of the problems with the HQM questbook and after reading your earlier statement we are sad that no fix is planned for the 1.6 version of the modpack (even a quest reset wouldn't hurt us, we get them anyway every week) but we will be patient and look forward to the 1.7 fix. We are also experiencing periodical lag spikes due the the HQM mod (due to the fact it needs to process the large single player dat file).

If there is any chance you could still push this fix into the 1.6 version of the modpack it would be a giant relieve, I'm aware that this will reset all or most of the servers questbooks but sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward.

Hello serverowner,

I would like to point out to other server admins, because interserver help seems to be very rare these days (I never though the minecraft server world could be this harsh towards each other), some of the following fixes for servers:
- The drawbridge crashes the server when it's used with strongboxes, luckily the mod developer added a way to ban such items from being used in the drawbridge! You can google it or contact me to be informed on how to do this.
- If you are a server owner and you can prove this you can always send me a PM to be informed on the ways to stop most duping bugs, I'll be happy to help.
- The OpenBlock tanks are a really laggy way to store liquids, I suggest server owners ban these blocks or restrict the amount of adjacent tanks you can have.
- The Blood Magic tools are insanely powerful and can take out whole islands in a single right click, this bypasses most protection mods!
- The SilkWorm and the whole infesting mechanic will still crash your server, the best workaround is to give players another way to get string and disable the silkworm from being placed on leaves.

If any server owners read this post and have suggestions of their own concerning bugs in this modpack, please feel free to post them so we can help eachother!

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I think he's referring to the "Bragging Rights" quest where you need to craft the white ceramic dye. I think I tried this a while ago and it doesn't pick it up.

Oh... I'll check that quest then.[DOUBLEPOST=1401103814][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello Jadedcat,

- The OpenBlock tanks are a really laggy way to store liquids, I suggest server owners ban these blocks or restrict the amount of adjacent tanks you can have.
- The SilkWorm and the whole infesting mechanic will still crash your server, the best workaround is to give players another way to get string and disable the silkworm from being placed on leaves.

The open blocks thing is one of many mentioned in the server admin section.

And this is the first I have heard that the silk worm server issue is still happening to anyone. Not sure if @Erasmus Crowley is aware of it or not.

decebaldecebal

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I have a crash related to Mariculture every time I join the server I currently play on.I haven't tested it in SP because I am not sure what is causing it...
The pack version is 2.1.6

http://pastebin.com/wPENePbN

Also I experience a very odd syncing issue regarding TC Smeltaries.Not sure if this has been posted or not.
Sometimes, I place the controller after I build the smeltery and the controller becomes active and I can access the GUI, but I only get the fluid tanks GUI, not the input slots.If I re-log, the slots appear, but they seem to have the items from my inventory in them and if I try to move something in the smeltary/inventory I crash.
Also if I place the controller before the smeltery is complete, the GUI appears but I still get the weird inventory issue.

Last edited:

joshie

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a vat got corrupted when saving it, so when it's trying to load it. The tanks it had aren't all there. I think I added a check for that as one of the fixes in d. Although looking at it now, i'm not 100% sure the check will solve this particular issue... *adds another for e*

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like a vat got corrupted when saving it, so when it's trying to load it. The tanks it had aren't all there. I think I added a check for that as one of the fixes in d. Although looking at it now, i'm not 100% sure the check will solve this particular issue... *adds another for e*

You could always have that player test the fix :p

Brenden Cousland

Jul 29, 2019
I was working on bees and using the squeezer to gather seed oil and there was not a problem but when i put it next to a carpenter it cause a crash when opening the squeezer when i move the squeezer away it no long crash. i figured i would say something so i could be fixed :D @Jadedcat

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst playing today i am pretty sure i had over 30+ lives left if not more. I wanted a wither skelly for the mfr spawner so i warped to the nether, got a skelly in the safari net, got my warp book to go home (not in a binder) and when i teleported home my world started loading and the game crashed. ftb was bugging out and wouldn't reload so i ended the process. I proceed to launch my game again and my map is gone. I'm not sure how to fix this..I do have a backup but it's from a few days ago and it would be very inconvenient to do all the work again considering all the progress i've made.
Was using version .16

If anyone at all knows how to recover a lost map, i would highly appreciate any help
Edit: found a fix for recovering the map, but still the bug is valid :)

Last edited:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst playing today i am pretty sure i had over 30+ lives left if not more. I wanted a wither skelly for the mfr spawner so i warped to the nether, got a skelly in the safari net, got my warp book to go home (not in a binder) and when i teleported home my world started loading and the game crashed. ftb was bugging out and wouldn't reload so i ended the process. I proceed to launch my game again and my map is gone. I'm not sure how to fix this..I do have a backup but it's from a few days ago and it would be very inconvenient to do all the work again considering all the progress i've made.
Was using version .16

If anyone at all knows how to recover a lost map, i would highly appreciate any help
Edit: found a fix for recovering the map, but still the bug is valid :)

2.1.6 has a built in autoback up mod that saves the game every 30 mins. Look in /minecraft/backups and choose the most recent.

D

Deleted member 38496

ME Fluid Transition Planes are completely nonfunctional for me.

Koraima

Jul 29, 2019
2.1.6 has a built in autoback up mod that saves the game every 30 mins. Look in /minecraft/backups and choose the most recent.
ohh thank you, that's much better than the solution i found, which implies losing all my inventory :D

Status
Not open for further replies.