agrarain skys blood magic

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

redgamemaster

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone so I started using the blood magic mod in agrarain skys and got myself a "dagger of sacrifice" I put it right next to my mob spawner but i'm not getting and LP when I kill the mobs. This is my first time using this mod but I do have a tier 2 alter. What am I doing wrong?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The mobs need to be within about 5 blocks of the actual altar to give LP.

redgamemaster

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the advice I tried moving the main altar as you can see in the picture and I still don't get any LP.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Are the mobs being killed in one hit? And has the altar filled its internal buffer of 1k LP?

redgamemaster

Jul 29, 2019
No I have to hit them a couple of times and there is no blood in the alter, it's confusing me to?
If you need me to do anything to test it let me know. also i'm using 2.1.1 of the mod pack and I am in an enchanted forest biome if that helps.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If the mobs aren't dying in a single hit, then something isn't correct with the setup. Make sure that's a T2 altar, just in case.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
I think the dagger of sacrifice is for you.
Thanks for the advice I tried moving the main altar as you can see in the picture and I still don't get any LP.

That is most definitely not a T2 altar.

Also, after you move it, you will need to fill the inner hidden buffer before you can see any with the sigil. So sacrifice 5 things to be sure. And if they die in one hit, you can also know it's working that way.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So sacrifice 5 things to be sure.

Two hostile mobs will be enough. IIRC the buffer is 1k, and each hostile is 500 LP (sorry @Flipz, I told you the wrong number!). But I agree with the rest of your post.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Two hostile mobs will be enough. IIRC the buffer is 1k, and each hostile is 500 LP (sorry @Flipz, I told you the wrong number!). But I agree with the rest of your post.

I said 5 just in case he's sacrificing chickens or something, although now that I look at his post, I see that he has hostile mobs that he's using. 2 still won't be enough to see anything in the table though, only the third sacrifice would actually show up.

Reactions: Padfoote

redgamemaster

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I put the altar back in place so that it is a teir 2 altar and placed half blocks so that you can see that it is only 3 blocks away. In the chat you can see the amount of LP I have, the first one is before I killed a mob and the second one is after.The LP in the altar is from me.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I put the altar back in place so that it is a teir 2 altar and placed half blocks so that you can see that it is only 3 blocks away. In the chat you can see the amount of LP I have, the first one is before I killed a mob and the second one is after.The LP in the altar is from me.

That is not a tier two altar. There are no runes in the 3x3 area directly beneath it.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
You don't have more essence in your LP pool but I bet the altar has more essence. You need a blood orb in there to get more essence in your network. The blood orb stores LP for you network not the altar

NVM It's early and I can't read... interesting problem...I will test it once I get BM up on my playthrough

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
That is not a tier two altar. There are no runes in the 3x3 area directly beneath it.

The Divination Sigil says otherwise.

To the OP, trying building the T2 altar so that the actual altar is right next to the opening, with no space. I can't remember the maximum distance that can be between the mobs and the altar, but I know it wasn't much.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
He's using Sphax and cos I do I can tell you that there definitely IS rune stone beneath the altar to make it tier2.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
He's using Sphax and cos I do I can tell you that there definitely IS rune stone beneath the altar to make it tier2.

Plus, the read-out from the Divination Sigil says it's T2. ;)