Age of Engineering Series!

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Closet Gamer, Sep 3, 2017.

1. SolManX

SolManX New Member

Here's a link for Closet:

GamerwithnoGame and Closet Gamer like this.
  2. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

GamerwithnoGame and KingTriaxx like this.
  3. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  4. GreenZombie

GreenZombie New Member

Can't install AOE 1.1.2 anymore with CMPDL as "BetterBuildersWand" seems to have been removed from Curse:

Nuclear_Creeper0 likes this.
  5. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

Nuclear_Creeper0 likes this.
  6. GreenZombie

GreenZombie New Member

lol.
    Also, when I retried, it worked.
    So fail all round.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  7. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

8. CGNetwork

CGNetwork Guest

Loved it mate

KingTriaxx and Closet Gamer like this.
  9. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

10. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

I've only seen the first meeting of you and the horse so far, but I love how you went to the horse and were like "U wot m8", and the horse got all up in your grill like a crab with a knife, so you backed off and were like "look, I don't want any trouble, man..."

Closet Gamer likes this.
  11. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

And now I want the adventures of Henry and Larry riding across Minecraft.

Closet Gamer and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  12. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

I'm convinced that there is something coded in the AI of animal mobs that makes them behave in this half annoying, half amusing way!
    Now there is an idea for a side sketch :D

------------------------
    My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

KingTriaxx and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  13. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

14. GamerwithnoGame

Definitely, man! :) Its awesome stuff!

One thing that might be useful for when you get building dimensions is a block that you can build and place inside the actual dimension itself - you might need dimensional shards to make it first, but once you've got it and put it in your dimension, whenever you're not in your dimension it won't drain power (unlike normally. I think iirc that even very expensive dimensions can be viable once they're fully charged, because you can hop in, mine a bunch or whatever, and then hop out, without needing to keep the huge upkeep constantly.

Also, I'm not sure where dimensional shards spawn in RFTools dimensions, but I'm wondering whether the AA vertical digger set to just mine ores might be a good way of trying to grab some to start with? And once you've got one, you could perhaps make a Mekanism digital miner (not sure how expensive that is in this pack) and set the filter for dimensional ores to net you a bunch more.

15. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

It's the Activity Probe.

16. GamerwithnoGame

That's the one - I actually did find out the name but forgot to edit that into my post :oops:

KingTriaxx likes this.
  17. KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx Forum Addict

I just know the name because Direwolf uses them all the time.

18. InThayne

InThayne Well-Known Member

GamerwithnoGame - The AA digger will normally work for dimensional shards in 'harvest all' mode. The issue is that by default, the vertical digger in 'ore only' mode, mines everything that starts with 'ore' in the oredict, whereas shards are registered as dimensional_shard_ore. Benitoite also suffers from this. There is a whitelist in the config for ores that fall under this problem. The mek miner used to allow for adding ores in this same fashion without possessing a physical sample.

19. GamerwithnoGame

Oh damn! I didn’t realise the vertical digger didn’t work for benitoite with that setting! Or that you could set the DigiMiner without needing a sample. That may be your best bet then!

20. Closet Gamer

Closet Gamer Guest

Good to know about the efficiency block - I'll chuck one of those in my dimension. If I setup my vertical digger over there and leave it running and then leave that should be pretty sweet.

I wish I knew this before I recorded! I came to the same conclusion pretty much and left the vertical digger mining everything after it failed to recover any dimensional shards in ore mode. Good to know for sure though! Cheers guys.

------------------------
    Join my discord: Fun place for discussing modded MC: https://discord.gg/ubky25s

My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD