Age of Engineering Series!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Awesome, can't wait to watch when I get home. But alas, off to work I go.
Ditto - luckily I'm already halfway through my work day!

I also got caught out in a hail and rain shower on my lunchtime walk so, you know, swings and roundabouts.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Episode 60 of my Age of Engineering Series! Today we get one step further in our quest to 5x ore processing - but the bees are back to scupper our plans! god damn you bees!

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD
Accursed creatures! :D I do hate that bee breeding is a necessary thing, without the genetic manipulation and engineering provided by Gendusty, in a pack called Age of Engineering!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I know, its just a bit of a bar steward. I think you also need a load of scented panelling or something or other that needs royal jelly and possibly pollen. With the way there's so much luck involved, bee breeding seems more of a punishment than a fun task.

C

Closet Gamer

I know, its just a bit of a bar steward. I think you also need a load of scented panelling or something or other that needs royal jelly and possibly pollen. With the way there's so much luck involved, bee breeding seems more of a punishment than a fun task.
I'm pretty sure you can use the atomic multipliers on scented paneling, so I'm not doing bees on any grand scale - although I do have a lot of both types now so could setup a planet sized bee farm ;)

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Getting 4096 scented paneling with atomic multipliers could be quite troublesome though. Direwolf just decided to dupe crates with the required resources in the end, I think.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Spending a bit of it to make the Alveary is worth it, since they then produce products much, much faster.

What's an Atomic Multiplier?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
It's Calculators approach for a "dupe stuff machine". It requires a stupid amount of power (1B RF, I think), but it gives you four items for every item you put in, netting you three of that item. It does have some stuff blacklisted though.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I find the fact that it has nether stars blacklisted (at least by default) a bit odd, because by the time you're capable of feeding it billions of RF, and already killed a wither once, you're already pretty advanced! I don't think its too much to expect it to let you off having to do it repeatedly, but apparently not...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I suspect it's a config option.
Yes, there's basically a blacklist config file (the catchily named "AtomicMultiplier-BlackList.cfg") which is where I actually found that out in the first place. I somehow don't think I could persuade the guy running our server to change it though :p