After downloading new version of modpack..own added mods deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceDave

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Is it possible to keep the old mods if i download a new version of installed modpacks? I added heaps of mods to my direwolf20 modpack, after it updated all my mods are deleted and i was back on standard Direwolf pack. Now i have to figure out what mods are missing. This is a very big pain because i have a server runnning with the same custom made modpack as for my client. Maybe there would be a way to get a *Change log* of the modpack so server owner would know what mods they have to update ? I make Let's play's with this modpack and it looks in the moment a pain to keep up with this ...

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
What happens is the launcher deletes everything in the mods folder before adding the new ones. The reason is because the mods usually have different file names per version. So if it was just to copy the updated mods into the folder, you may have multiples of 1 mod. For example: forestry_1.0.0a and forestry_1.0.1d. You try running Minecraft with multiple versions of mods and it'll mess up. It's easier to just copy the mods into a cleaned out mods folder. (I believe this is how the launcher is doing it, a confirmation would be nice). Also, there is a modpack update section here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forums/mod-pack-updates.62/

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, the launcher deletes the mods folder before updating, ive had a few ideas about ways to store manually added mods, so you may see that feature soon :)

traumatism

Jul 29, 2019
could making the mods you have added yourself read only be a temporary solution or does it delete the folder the mods are in?

Status
Not open for further replies.