AE2 + Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Skye Tabahashi

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
AE2 + Quarry
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I have been trying to learn AE2 and I have gotten to a point where no matter how much I try and the research I do, I can't seem to figure out one thing. I have a quarry running in the Deep Dark and using an ender chest I bring it back to my ME system. I have an Import Bus going from the ender chest into my system. However, I want to stop the cobblestone from going into the system and instead bring it to a Deep Storage Unit I have connected with a item conduit between the DSU and the Ender Chest. However, cobblestone keeps going into my ME System. If someone could help me and tell me what I am doing wrong that would be amazing! (It's probably something to do with the buses in AE2 because I still don't understand that aspect of the mod yet)

Skye Tabahashi

Jul 29, 2019
I also just realized I may have put this in the wrong forum section so if I did, could you let me know so I can move it to the right one. :/

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
You can set a priority on item conduits at each insertion point. If you set the priority on the deep storage higher it should choose it first for cobble.

OR you could set up a storage bus on the deep storage. Filter it for only cobble, then set a higher priority there (AE2 has its own priority system). Once you do that, you can pull out all the cobble from your system and put it back in (say, using another DSU) - it'll all go into the DSU.

Skye Tabahashi

Jul 29, 2019
I tried the priority on the item conduit and that didn't work. I then tried to put a storage bus on the DSU and filter it for cobble. However it didn't pull the cobble from my system. However, the cobble I have in my DSU says it is stored in my system. I really am a newbie with AE2 so hopefully these pictures can help you help me in what I'm doing wrong. (I'm doing this all in creative before I actually apply it to my survival world so I know how to do it)

http://imgur.com/a/E3cbT

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
OK, cool, I think I see. I assume that's an import bus stuck on the side of the ender chest?

What's happening is that the import bus and the item conduit are fighting over the contents of the chest.

Try this instead:
- Get rid of the import bus
- Make an ME interface and connect it to your AE system.
- Run the item conduit extracting from the ender chest, then touching the DSU, then add one more section that touches the ME interface.
- Set the priority at the DSU a little higher.

What this should do is let the item conduit make all the decisions - cobble goes first, then everything else goes into the interface.

Skye Tabahashi

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you so very much! :D I was trying everything I could think of to figure it out. :confused: I guess I've got to watch more AE2 tutorials. :p

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I also just realized I may have put this in the wrong forum section so if I did, could you let me know so I can move it to the right one. :/

I'll move this over to General FTB for you.

Edit: And done.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer to have the EnderChest and Input Bus like you described to start, then the DSU on a Storage Bus with high priority. Note, AE will continue to fill any partial inventories before it moves on, so you may have to prime the DSU and then run your drives through a ME I/O Port to get all the cobble where you want it. I do this with a barrel wall of things I accumulate en masse, and it serves me well.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I just use ender IO conduits off of my ender cehstand filter them to certain things. Like chest , DSU , and trash cans :) Then off the original things it goes to the rest goes to my AE system.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
If you stick a ME storage bus on the DSU like Inaeo suggests that means you too can just dump cobble into the ME system and it will be taken out and put in the DSU automatically. It's a far better way to do it than just filtering 1 line of material input.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
If you stick a ME storage bus on the DSU like Inaeo suggests that means you too can just dump cobble into the ME system and it will be taken out and put in the DSU automatically. It's a far better way to do it than just filtering 1 line of material input.
Yes it is a lot better just remember if you have 1,000 cobble in the AE and then make a DSU and do not take whats in teh AE out first it will keep going to the AE and not the DSU. SO I usually export lets say all cobble into the DSU then storage bus it.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I tend to do it a little more complicatedly. Two channels, one for a storage bus set to read only, and one for an export bus with lots of acceleration cards, set to dump cobble in. I've been doing that since Ultimate actually.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yes it is a lot better just remember if you have 1,000 cobble in the AE and then make a DSU and do not take whats in teh AE out first it will keep going to the AE and not the DSU. SO I usually export lets say all cobble into the DSU then storage bus it.

That's where prorities come in just set the DSU with the highest.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

You are certainly correct, however, I was running a massive amount of cobblegens and had a similar issue as Skye. I needed to filter out the millions of cobblestone BEFORE they hit my AE. Why? Power usage! Every item you stick into AE (and every item you export out of it) costs power. So I realized right away that I did NOT want to use AE as my central distribution point, and I wanted to filter out the cobble before it reached my AE and send it directly to storage. You'll be wasting some amount of power by using AE to do the job as you suggested, so that makes it a non-ideal solution if you're concerned about your power supply. If you have infinite power (which most of us do by late-game) then you probably can just ignore this issue altogether but it still should be mentioned.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
You are certainly correct, however, I was running a massive amount of cobblegens and had a similar issue as Skye. I needed to filter out the millions of cobblestone BEFORE they hit my AE. Why? Power usage! Every item you stick into AE (and every item you export out of it) costs power. So I realized right away that I did NOT want to use AE as my central distribution point, and I wanted to filter out the cobble before it reached my AE and send it directly to storage. You'll be wasting some amount of power by using AE to do the job as you suggested, so that makes it a non-ideal solution if you're concerned about your power supply. If you have infinite power (which most of us do by late-game) then you probably can just ignore this issue altogether but it still should be mentioned.

Personally I used AE to transfer and Store cobble in my cobble compressor set up since it's so fast.

However for what you want switching to Transfer node + 64 speed upgrade + 3 stack upgrades + filter and inverse filter will help. Just have one set of trasfer node pipe everything but cobble into an ME interface and one set of transfer node that only tranfer cobble tranfer into the dsu

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you want maximum export from AE speed, wrap five sides of a full block ME interface with item transfer nodes, filled with speed upgrades. Then set the interface to pull cobble into it, with all slots filled with what you want exported.

That's hideously fast. Add speed upgrades for increased transfer rate.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Yes storage bus to deep storage is by far the better way as you can still see the inventory from the AE. After setting the deep storage up, I run all my cells through whatever AE machine it is that transfers cell content then re insert them in a drive, this kind of defrags the cells at the same time.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes storage bus to deep storage is by far the better way as you can still see the inventory from the AE. After setting the deep storage up, I run all my cells through whatever AE machine it is that transfers cell content then re insert them in a drive, this kind of defrags the cells at the same time.

That would be the ME I//O Port I mentioned above.

Reactions: Baron_Falcon

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
I find a tesseract (or dimensional transceiver) directly beside an ME interface has pretty good throughput. Storage bus on a DSU for the cobblestone is definitely the way to go.