Closed AE2 Energy Acceptor not working

B

Ben Latter

Summary of the problem AE2 Energy Acceptor not working

Pack Version 1.0.0

What is the bug? Energy acceptors will not take power from any power source I could think to test including immersive engineering wires, fluxducts, and flux networks.

Mod & Version Applied energistics 2 rv5-stable-3

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Yes, in both a singleplayer world and my own server all methods to attempt to power an AE2 system through the energy acceptor failed. This happened when trying to connect everything as intended to setup a simple AE2 system

Known Fix

B

Ben Latter

I would like to add that I had friend test if energy acceptors worked for him and they didn't. This leads me to believe that the issue is not rooted in my specific client since both of us replicated it in single player worlds. Additionally, I made a new instance of the pack and still had the issue again supporting the same conclusion.

G

Gear1989

What power source are you using?

I'm using the Magmatic Dynamo from TE with Leadstone fluxducts, and it's working fine for me.

Can I see a screenshot of your SP World with the acceptor and power sources in question?

B

Ben Latter

I'm using an Environmental Tech solar gen on the server and a magmatic dynamo in my SP test world. The setup in the picture worked for a second at which point I decided the test the IE wires without success and after switching back it no longer worked with fluxducts. After a few more tests it seems like it's the fault of the IE wires as the setups work until I try IE wires at which point the setup becomes broken and will not accept power from fluxducts which were previously working.
AE2_test.png

G

Gear1989

Replace the acceptor. As I said, it's working fine in my world. Same setup too.

B

Ben Latter

I am now able to get working ME systems, however, the lack of compatibility with IE wires is still something I believe to be a bug especially since they break the energy acceptor until it gets replaced.

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
Not able to reproduce in my test dev. However I will report this over to IE so they can look into it further.