[AE] Strange power usage (I think) for the ME Controller

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing in TechWorld 2 with this.

I have a TE Redstone Flux system with an energy cell and a couple of Gas Generator's. I've also noticed the same problem when I use the compression dynamo.

Connecting my ME Controller to the RF system makes my generator's run at full output. The controller interface suggests that it needs about 1.2mj/t (12 RF/t) to run, yet it is pulling the maximum the cell will output, even after it's buffer has been filled.

Is this a compatibility issue between the TE power system and AE? Or is there something generally wrong with the AE power system?

Maybe as a general question, how have you configured your power system for TE? I'm thinking I may just need to use a separate, renewable source of power that I can scale separately to my main power system - maybe crack out some IC2 power!

budge

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a Power Relay, by chance? In one of the AE versions (sorry, forget which), I encountered a bug in which the controller stored up limitless energy as long as the energy was fed through a Relay.

DrCeph

Jul 29, 2019
Good question, I've tried connecting only the controller, as well as the controller via a power relay.

I did notice the relay was even buggier, with the controller reporting it's charge level strangely - this may have been the problem you described.

My current workaround is that I'm putting a leadstone energy cell between the rest of my network and the ME Controller, and limiting the output on the leadstone cell to be the increment slightly higher than the reported energy usage - seems to be doing the trick so far. If it gets any more complicated, I might just use a separate power network running on renewables.