AE Singularities

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
I do realize the mod author doesn't take suggestions but this one just had to be made.

I've been setting up a network for my AE system and unfortunately I've lost MANY a singularity due to how wonky the physics of such a thing work, using vanilla mechanics to make the quantum entangled singularities and the fact that there's no dictionary for enderpearl dust so many times I end up using the wrong dust, lose out on my tnt and singularity because it ends up getting blown up. Even with tiny TNT it ends up losing around 40% of the time.

Could it be possible to take the randomness out of such an expensive item by creating a containment chamber that would be a multistructure, allow for the insertion of singularities and tnt/ender dust (even tho with a multiblock it could give an additional use to liquid ender) and thus allow for the creation of singularities with 100% accuracy and less civilization holes... Not only that I'd love to have a containment chamber sitting in an AE server room.

Anyone else finding how wonky this mechanic is right now and think it would be better if it had it's own multiblock to make them quantum entangled?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to take this suggestion up with AlgorithmX2 in his MCF thread instead of posting it here... so he will, you know, actually see it ;)

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
ah, will do was also looking for other's take on it before I bring this idea up so it's not dumb sounding 8p

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
And another thing, there's nothing wrong with spawning something in when you a bug causes you to lose something or it doesn't work properly.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
And another thing, there's nothing wrong with spawning something in when you a bug causes you to lose something or it doesn't work properly.

a lot of servers don't allow it in my experience. that's the issue, also quantum singularities aren't in NEI, that's how I got the percents cause I did some testing by spawning them in, I realize on singleplayer it's not a real issue but server play, people will be cranky.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The devs for AE are VERY open to suggestions. Go to their site ae-mod.info and there should be a whole list of suggestions that they've considered. They are sorted by rejection, possible, and soon to be implemented.

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Never had a problem with the singularities. How are you doing it? I usually put the singularity about a block away from the tnt along with the dust in a 3x3 hole in the ground.

Also, for the dust issue, just make it fresh from a macerator/pulverizer. You should be able to see the difference really easily once you do.

Reactions: RedBoss

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
sphax kinda ruins that and similar ores because they all look the same. so I did do that but it would just be cooler imho, I'd make a one block hole, toss in the ingredients on top of the tnt and let it pop the dust and singu, there were occasions that using regular dust just used them up and not create a singularity

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
sphax kinda ruins that and similar ores because they all look the same. so I did do that but it would just be cooler imho, I'd make a one block hole, toss in the ingredients on top of the tnt and let it pop the dust and singu, there were occasions that using regular dust just used them up and not create a singularity
So your issue is with your texture pack and not the mod itself?

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
no, it just makes it hard to tell the dusts apart but even when I did use the right dust it sometimes just took the dust with no quantum entangled singularity