AE in's and out's (crafting issues)

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

I have made a AE network. seriously its mint. Especially after working with PR2 and BC integrated sorting (nice, early game but I found its difficult and not without maintenance).
I found some peculiar with the crafting of carbon plates. In that, it won't craft them.
Ok, so here the craft setup (not that it need explaining, AE is pretty straight forward). encoded patterns have been created for the craft of CoalDust (Macerate/Pulverise), CarbonFibre(x4CoalDust), CarbonMesh(x2CarbonFibre) and CarbonPlates(compressor). However, if i request CarbonPlates it requests but never completes. Basically, everything up to CarbonMesh is Crafted. At which point I have to manually move the 'Mesh to the Compressor in orddr to craft. Not exactly perfect, when you take into account that AE doesn't deny it can't craft the item.

Has anyone come across this? Have a Solution?

I have some other qualms but this issue is beginning to bother me now. help will be appreciated, cheers.

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
Put AE interface ontop (or besides) a compressor and add the mesh->carbon plate pattern in it. Use an AE importer to pull stuff out of it again.

With a system like that you can add pretty much any machine to your autocrafting network. Only problem is you might need more than one when you run out of pattern space in an interface and AE also has problems with machines that take several inputs for one craft.

Hoho

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, wait. You do have the interfaces set up properly? In that case I'm not really sure what's going on without seeng some screenhots or something. I've had rather complex stuff running with just a single CPU in the chamber without problems.

One thing that comes into my mind is that you might have used GT compressor and accidentally applied a panel to the face AE stuff is.

Reactions: Smiletactician

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
Try this, it sometimes fixes this kind of issue....

Make sure no mesh or plates are in your system. Order 2 carbon mesh from the system. Put one mesh in the compressor and collect the output from the AE system when it is ready. Go to your pattern maker and put in a blank pattern, then put the mesh and plate in and create a new mesh to paste pattern.

Replace the pattern in the compressor interface with this new one and try ordering plates again.

Basically it seems that sometimes the player crafted version of an item, mesh in this case, is seen as being different from the AE crafted version. So if you rebuild the recipe with AE versions it ends up working.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Smiletactician

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
It kinda sounds like you also need more cpu's in the chamber.

just expanded the whole of the chamber to x6providers x3cpu's. i don't think i've seen any improvement.

Oh, wait. You do have the interfaces set up properly? In that case I'm not really sure what's going on without seeng some screenhots or something. I've had rather complex stuff running with just a single CPU in the chamber without problems.
One thing that comes into my mind is that you might have used GT compressor and accidentally applied a panel to the face AE stuff is.

Try this, it sometimes fixes this kind of issue....
Make sure no mesh or plates are in your system. Order 2 carbon mesh from the system. Put one mesh in the compressor and collect the output from the AE system when it is ready. Go to your pattern maker and put in a blank pattern, then put the mesh and plate in and create a new mesh to paste pattern.
Replace the pattern in the compressor interface with this new one and try ordering plates again.
Basically it seems that sometimes the player crafted version of an item, mesh in this case, is seen as being different from the AE crafted version. So if you rebuild the recipe with AE versions it ends up working.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Hoho, sounds like your on to something... ...Arentol, will give this a go. by the sounds of it you've explain a possible Hoho was on about. and it sounds quite likely. i'll get back to you. cheeers guys.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Hoho, sounds like your on to something... ...Arentol, will give this a go. by the sounds of it you've explain a possible Hoho was on about. and it sounds quite likely. i'll get back to you. cheeers guys.
Yea, if you can see the recipe for carbon plates in your terminal, then the problem is likely an OreDictionary bug where AE is picky but NEI isn't. So it can end up with the wrong 'correct' items, causing all sorts of nonsense. Manually make the crafting recipes to use as examples should clear up the problem.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
sorry my friends server was down for a while (technical problems) so i hadn't had chance to get back and try out the suggestions. @Hoho: what exactly do you want a sheet shot of? @Arentol:so tried that suggestion but the problem is that when a reques tis made. the carbon mesh doesn't actually seem to reach the compressor. macerator dust's the coal (recipe one) and the MAC craft's the fibres and then the mesh. then... nothing. mesh goes out nothing return's. so, i'm actually (kind of, if i had a major use for coal which i don't bar sending to the coke furnace to make coal coke) losing resource. @shnneekeythelost: not working either, manually make the resource is how i fashion all the recipes. i even went to the trouble of re-crafting just to experiment and still nothing. as far as i can tell the only two differences in the NEI are the coal dust depending on whether i pulverise or macerate. bar that i'm have to just forget the carbon plates part. just go manual from mesh. which is a bit of an arse. i'm sure i'll live with it.

cheers guy's for the help.