AE has got me thinking...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for backing up my point completely.
"A description, either TRUE"
TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE
And so my first thought when I read his summary was like
Did this happen or something?
Because that doesn't make sense.

And I thought science education was bad in the US...

Pop quiz, kids. What fundamental rule of modern physics tells us that this not only "didn't happen" but that it is fundamentally impossible to do this way. I learned this rule in 8th grade at a Christian Academy that taught me the strong nuclear force was God's Love. So. You have 0 excuses for not knowing this.

arentol

Jul 29, 2019
Story doesn't mean fiction, it means something that happened.
History has a root of Story, and do you think History is a work of Fiction?
I honestly thought you believed what you read.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I just can't ignore such an atrocious failure to underst basic english alone.

The OP actually specifically stated that this was a SHORT story. A short story is, by definition, a work of fiction:

short story

noun

: an invented prose narrative shorter than a novel usually dealing with a few characters and aiming at unity of effect and often concentrating on the creation of mood rather than plot

But even if it had just said story, the default understanding of "story" is that it can either be fiction or non-fiction, not just non-fiction alone. So if someone says "I read this story once" and goes on to describe a story that is BLATANTLY fictional, you are an idiot to think for even one second that the person telling the story thinks it is non-fiction unless they specifically state that they believe it is entirely true.
Also, does anyone else find it humorous that the guy who is effectively accusing someone else of being gullible is the one who was actually gullible?... Believing that someone else believes that story is practically the definition of gullibility.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
And I thought science education was bad in the US...

Pop quiz, kids. What fundamental rule of modern physics tells us that this not only "didn't happen" but that it is fundamentally impossible to do this way. I learned this rule in 8th grade at a Christian Academy that taught me the strong nuclear force was God's Love. So. You have 0 excuses for not knowing this.
Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle? Basically says you can determine the position of a particle, or it's momentum, but not both with accuracy.