AE glass annoyance

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

just wondering if anyone else considers annoying that, now that all glass types have been added to the ore dictionary, the AE crafting terminal (with NEI shift-click) seems to not be able to recognize them?

What happens to me is that if the recipe shown in NEI has any type of glass other than normal one, the crafting terminal will leave those spots blank when auto-filling the grid.

Does it happen to everyone? Any way to fix it?

Thanks!

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
Its the fact that random things changes the code of glass so other mods don't recognise it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
Heya!

just wondering if anyone else considers annoying that, now that all glass types have been added to the ore dictionary, the AE crafting terminal (with NEI shift-click) seems to not be able to recognize them?

What happens to me is that if the recipe shown in NEI has any type of glass other than normal one, the crafting terminal will leave those spots blank when auto-filling the grid.

Does it happen to everyone? Any way to fix it?

Thanks!
Its the fact that random things changes the code of glass so other mods don't recognise it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Its not just my glass, try to make a Grind Stone. Same problem.
I'll try to find a fix though.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It's just a general annoyance that even more patterns now cycle through psycho variations of patterns. The glass is quite a drastic change, as it includes cheap vanilla, and the glass as a result of other processes, such as hardened, dyed, etc. Those type of glasses are not the same at all.

lumien

Jul 29, 2019
It's just a general annoyance that even more patterns now cycle through psycho variations of patterns. The glass is quite a drastic change, as it includes cheap vanilla, and the glass as a result of other processes, such as hardened, dyed, etc. Those type of glasses are not the same at all.

I'm not sure whether i'm on a different version then you but in Monster the only glass that cycles through is my colored glass.
Hardened Glass (From Thermal Expansion) has a different ore dictionary entry. Also since you are saying that the different colors
shouldn't cycle through either: I'm just orienting myself at Vanilla Behavior (Wool).

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm using a custom mod pack, and I notice that lots of different types of glass do cycle through. Admittedly I've not actually paid attention to what exact glass it's showing, but it's a lot.
I just personally feel that vanilla glass should be the only valid crafting option.

Reactions: RedBoss

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
I accidentally used Tico's clear glass to make stuff.

Most of the time it bothers me that the recipe simply wont fill in properly, so I need to keep some glass in my inventory to fill in the blanks without having to search for glass in AE

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Great, now I'm wondering if you could make Hardened Glass by converting it from normal Glass. But that Forge conversion mod isn't updated anymore, right?

Would be kinda cheap

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a custom mod pack, and I notice that lots of different types of glass do cycle through. Admittedly I've not actually paid attention to what exact glass it's showing, but it's a lot.
I just personally feel that vanilla glass should be the only valid crafting option.
I feel like tic glass and vanilla are pretty much the same, but no other types.

Send via tapatalk