AE Automation and Modpack Migration

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
So, I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to automate crafting of things like buckets of liquid ender for the making of enderium ingots using AE interfaces and buses. One machine to melt the ender pearls and then another to make the bucket of liquid ender.

Secondly, I need to migrate my server from Monster 1.0.8 to 1.0.9 if I want to add anyone new due to the lack of a 1.0.8 option in the launcher. The physical structures don't matter that much, just really the resources people have collected. What is the best way to move those items to the new server once I update the version? I was thinking dumping it into ME storage then having players put the storage cells into the inventory and just copying over the player dat files. Would that be possible?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Magma Crucible to Melt the Ender Pearls.
Liquid Transposer to move the liquid into a bucket or whatever you need for further crafting.
(edit: forgot -- use an ME interface with the appropriate recipe to feed these machines)

Regarding using AE storage to migrate player possessions to another server -- we did just that with a TEchWorld server. Works great! Just make sure someone has a power supply in their inventory too :)
(edit: one caveat! Users' xyz coords will be kept! so they might log in inside a mountain :) )

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!

Hmmm, so I guess I would put an ME interface with the recipes on the crucible, then the import bus on the transposer to get the items out. Would required buckets in the inventory for that recipe.

What about if I wanted to make liquid ender buckets and filled redstone conduits using the same crucible + transposer setup. Is that possible, or would I need a separate set of machines for each transposer input container?

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!

Hmmm, so I guess I would put an ME interface with the recipes on the crucible, then the import bus on the transposer to get the items out. Would required buckets in the inventory for that recipe.

What about if I wanted to make liquid ender buckets and filled redstone conduits using the same crucible + transposer setup. Is that possible, or would I need a separate set of machines for each transposer input container?
You can store multiple recipes in the ME Interface, so yes, you can do all of that in the same two machines.

Reactions: AlanEsh

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to think how to set that up. For a bucket of liquid ender it requires 2 inputs into 2 separate machines. Pearl into the crucible and bucket into the transposer. How would I split the recipe patterns up? If it was for separate machine pairs, I would just make a pearl = ender bucket recipe and shove it into the crucible interface. Can a single interface connect to multiple machines? IF so that might be possible with a pearl + bucket = ender bucket recipe and the items going to the respective machines from the interface.

I would test this but I am at work now so talking about it is all I can do.

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I usually do:
Make a "fake" recipe that says 4 ender pearls + 1 bucket = 1 bucket of ender ( I don't know the actual values off the top of my head)
Set up a magma cruicible and a liquid tranposer so they are side by side and the output of the magma cruc goes into the transposer.
Use a diamond pipe to split the output of the ME Interface so that that bucket goes into the Transposer, and the ender eyes go into the Crucible.
Have the Transposer eject through another pipe back into the ME interface; it will accept the items from any other face.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Here's what I usually do:
Make a "fake" recipe that says 4 ender pearls + 1 bucket = 1 bucket of ender ( I don't know the actual values off the top of my head)
Set up a magma cruicible and a liquid tranposer so they are side by side and the output of the magma cruc goes into the transposer.
Use a diamond pipe to split the output of the ME Interface so that that bucket goes into the Transposer, and the ender eyes go into the Crucible.
Have the Transposer eject through another pipe back into the ME interface; it will accept the items from any other face.
I use Logistics Pipes xD but yeah, same set-up here.

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, that would work, essentially making it's own enclosed crafting subsystem. I had laser focused so much on AE capabilities that I derped on remembering there are other transport systems in the pack. Mmmmm, possibilities.

God I love making complex systems in this game =D

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I've also enjoyed using MFR's sorting blocks instead of pipes -- they look better in some situations. I suppose TE's upgraded/servo'd Item Ducts could handle the job too. Many options! :)

Bgraywolf

Jul 29, 2019
As you are using Monster, You also have access to Logistics pipes which have satellite pipes and Fluid pipes.

using this as a base, I can use a single Fluid transposer and I am able to craft every type of fluid bucket, cell, can, etc,etc. Plus I can use that same setup to craft my redstone energy conduits and cells :)

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
I'm more visual than anything, if anyone has a video or pictures of how to do it, it would be appreciated, I'm exactly at the stage were I need to produce enderium ingots and they are a pain to craft because of the damn bucket of ender needed for it (I have all the enderpearls I could dream for)

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
Watch the latest DW20 server play. He actually does exactly that: Automated tesseract production.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
couldnt you melt them in the TiC smelter and pipe it where you want? tech beginner here, so be kind

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
couldnt you melt them in the TiC smelter and pipe it where you want? tech beginner here, so be kind
No, you're probably thinking of ender ingots which I don't think you can even make. We're talking about enderium ingots from Thermal Expansion, which require two enderium blend and a pyrotheum dust in an Induction Smelter which need buckets of ender melted in a Magma Crucible and inputted into a Liquid Transposer. As you can guess it's pretty complicated. ;)

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Watch the latest DW20 server play. He actually does exactly that: Automated tesseract production.

Thanks, will take a look at it, I'm not a fan of his server play, maybe its because english isn't my native language and I get confused when he speak with the others on the server and when they speak too, I mainly prefer his solo play adventures usually, but will take a look for sure...

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
No, you're probably thinking of ender ingots which I don't think you can even make. We're talking about enderium ingots from Thermal Expansion, which require two enderium blend and a pyrotheum dust in an Induction Smelter which need buckets of ender melted in a Magma Crucible and inputted into a Liquid Transposer. As you can guess it's pretty complicated. ;)
Are you sure you can't melt ender pearls in the Smeltery? I was under the impression you could, but not 100% sure that it makes the same exact kind of "liquid" as the crucible does.

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you can't melt ender pearls in the Smeltery? I was under the impression you could, but not 100% sure that it makes the same exact kind of "liquid" as the crucible does.

It does not make the same liquid, so it wouldn't do you any good.

Reactions: AlanEsh

iiowyn

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that ... but I really wish there was a lot more text/wiki based documentation rather than the current focus on video spotlights. They are useful, but most of my research time is done at work, and when it is not I hate having to skip around trying to find a simple answer.

My final solution to this is to add extra cells to the modpack when we upgrade versions =P

Something I just thought of, what happens when you have multiple patterns with the same output. What logic controls which pattern is used?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that ... but I really wish there was a lot more text/wiki based documentation rather than the current focus on video spotlights. They are useful, but most of my research time is done at work, and when it is not I hate having to skip around trying to find a simple answer.

My final solution to this is to add extra cells to the modpack when we upgrade versions =P

Something I just thought of, what happens when you have multiple patterns with the same output. What logic controls which pattern is used?
It will use only one.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Now that you bring up the extra cells liquid storage capacity, how could I use this to my advantage, I got the Extra Cells mod but have no clue how to use it for liquids that are from Thermal Expansion 3 machines, is it even possible to get that liquid out of the magma crucible/liquid transposer combo without a portable tank between and without having so many things connected to it that there's no place for the power input...