AE Automation and Modpack Migration

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Now that you bring up the extra cells liquid storage capacity, how could I use this to my advantage, I got the Extra Cells mod but have no clue how to use it for liquids that are from Thermal Expansion 3 machines, is it even possible to get that liquid out of the magma crucible/liquid transposer combo without a portable tank between and without having so many things connected to it that there's no place for the power input...
if your used to AE it should'nt be that hard get your fluid terminal a fluid storage cell and fluid import and export busses and use them like your typical busses attached to machines

DatChoob

Jul 29, 2019
hello. im also trying to autocraft enderium blend with a combo of extra cells and AE. ive set up a me interface with a encoded pattern saying 4 ender pearls = 1 resonant ender bucket. and the me interface is above a magma crucible with input on top and exporting the liquid out the back into the system. problem is when i try to autocraft it. it wont put the 4 ender pearls into the magma crucible thus not allowing me to automate enderium blend. has anyone come up with a solution to automating enderium blend and if so can you please share it? thank you

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
hello. im also trying to autocraft enderium blend with a combo of extra cells and AE. ive set up a me interface with a encoded pattern saying 4 ender pearls = 1 resonant ender bucket. and the me interface is above a magma crucible with input on top and exporting the liquid out the back into the system. problem is when i try to autocraft it. it wont put the 4 ender pearls into the magma crucible thus not allowing me to automate enderium blend. has anyone come up with a solution to automating enderium blend and if so can you please share it? thank you

ExtraCells doesn't work like that.

In my crafting network I have:

1. An extra cells Fluid Crafting Chamber with an encoded pattern saying "3 tin + 1 shiny metal + 1 bucket of ender = 2 enderium blend"
2. a Magma crucible with an basic export bus attached, exporting ender pearls into it. A fluid storage bus attached, making the resulting liquid resonant ender available to the network.

This is how extra cells works: The Fluid Crafting Chamber lets ExtraCells do the enderium blend craft, using the liquid ender available on the network. But you have to have the liquids on hand for the fluid crafting chamber to work.

In your case, it is not crafting the liquid ender as the pattern on the magma crucible is specifying that a bucket of ender is crafted. The fluid crafting chamber isn't looking for a bucket of ender to complete the recipe - it is looking for raw liquid ender.

-- corrected typo: fluid STORAGE rather than fluid IMPORT bus.

Last edited:

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I normally set down a pair of crucible and liqud transposer and have the recipe "4 pearls and one empty bucket -> one resonant ender bucket" in the interface. Then I set an itemduct to pull items out into the crucible and the transposer. The crucible gets ender pearls whitelisted and the transposer gets empty buckets whitelisted (well maybe that isn't needed for both machines do only accept things they can work on). The ME import bus would then be on the infuser.

@Chris Becke: That would be the most horrible scenario. That way you always have too much resonant ender on stock and eventually miss the ender pearls for other recipes. Even a liquid level emitter can't prevent this because liquifying ender pearls is a time consuming task and during that time far too many pearls are exported. Remember, AE is no logistic system. It's for autocrafting and storing things.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I normally set down a pair of crucible and liqud transposer and have the recipe "4 pearls and one empty bucket -> one resonant ender bucket" in the interface. Then I set an itemduct to pull items out into the crucible and the transposer. The crucible gets ender pearls whitelisted and the transposer gets empty buckets whitelisted (well maybe that isn't needed for both machines do only accept things they can work on). The ME import bus would then be on the infuser.

@Chris Becke: That would be the most horrible scenario. That way you always have too much resonant ender on stock and eventually miss the ender pearls for other recipes. Even a liquid level emitter can't prevent this because liquifying ender pearls is a time consuming task and during that time far too many pearls are exported. Remember, AE is no logistic system. It's for autocrafting and storing things.

If my defense I built this on AgS. i.e. a mob grinder was running 24/7.

This is, unfortunately, how ExtraCells works: The Fluid Crafting chamber "swaps out" buckets of <x> for fluid <x>. The implication is, you have a fluid cell, or fluid storage bus to make the fluid available.

The most efficient way to do this recipe is to skip extra cells and, as you mention, just set up a system to craft the buckets of ender on demand, to be crafted in the regular MAC.

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
It does not make the same liquid, so it wouldn't do you any good.

I think it does the same. At least i was able to pump in resonant ender and make block of solid ender.I was able to smelt it back to resonant ender as well.(at least for 1.6)

Now that you bring up the extra cells liquid storage capacity, how could I use this to my advantage, I got the Extra Cells mod but have no clue how to use it for liquids that are from Thermal Expansion 3 machines, is it even possible to get that liquid out of the magma crucible/liquid transposer combo without a portable tank between and without having so many things connected to it that there's no place for the power input...

Try using ender io conduits, or engineers toolbox multi input/output.They could work too.