Advanced tree farm

San

Jul 29, 2019
Heya! I made a tree farm and I would like to show you all my setup. First of all, it doesn't use arboretums or multifarms or any of that stuff. Too much of a pain to replace the humus and dirt and stuff. Instead it uses Xychorium soil for super fast growth times and TONS of logs.

Mods used:
-Xycraft
-Factorization
-Redpower
-Forestry
-Thermal expansion

2013-05-02_11.19.52.png
2013-05-02_11.22.03.png
This kinda gives you a basic idea of what I'm going for here. Pretty much the xychorium soil can be stacked on top of one another to yield faster and faster growing trees. In my example I only have like 3 layers, but the more the better.
The logger has to be placed slightly above the xychorium soil to reach all the topmost branches.
The deployers are going to be placing the saplings.

2013-05-02_11.23.55.png
The wiring will trigger the deployers constantly, making sure that the xychorium soil always has saplings growing on it
Vanilla wiring is also possible.
In this picture I had already installed the chests. Those double chests just serve to connect the deployers to a single network. This will be important for when the routers are put into place.

2013-05-02_11.28.17.png
2013-05-02_11.28.32.png
I just went with tubes because idk felt like it. The logger kinda acts oddly when you try to do other stuff with it. I voidpipe the apples and route the logs and saplings into seperate chests.

2013-05-02_11.30.19.png
The routers are used to insert saplings into the deployers. The upgrades I used are two machine filters and one ejector.

2013-05-02_11.38.39.png
It is now functional. Provide power to the logger and supply the router with saplings and it will start. I used wrath lamps to keep the trees from growing while I worked on it.
2013-05-02_11.41.52.png
2013-05-02_11.54.14.png
2013-05-02_11.55.15.png
I added a second ring around the first since the logger still had some unused space available. Doing this increases the efficiency of your xychorium soil, but be careful about spacing. If oak saplings are used in the second ring logs will spawn outside of the reach of the logger. Instead use saplings from a tree that doesn't create branches.

San

Jul 29, 2019
3970-ec139b1fe5f36987fc83bedeaf20bc54.jpg
The leaves don't even have time to despawn before another tree grows. I have a chest full of logs within minutes.

Attachments

• 2013-05-02_12.43.11.png
    2013-05-02_12.43.11.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 177

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
Heya! I made a tree farm and I would like to show you all my setup. First of all, it doesn't use arboretums or multifarms or any of that stuff. Too much of a pain to replace the humus and dirt and stuff. Instead it uses Xychorium soil for super fast growth times and TONS of logs.

Mods used:
-Xycraft
-Factorization
-Redpower
-Forestry
-Thermal expansion

...<snip>

The only problems I see with your setup is your use of the forestry logger. They are being removed sometime in the future.

As mentioned by dutchwarbandit above, a MFR harvester might work well in place of the logger.

dutchwarbandit

Jul 29, 2019
If i remember correctly a MFR haverster whit a emerald upgrade got a range of 23x23 blocks and you cant make the forestry haverster any more it is removerd.

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
Can you show the router setup? I've made a router sorting system before but only from copying a setup from someone else, so I actually have no idea how routers work, if you could I would love to use this design.

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
The Farm looks pretty cool but not exactly recourse friendly if you are trying to do it legit but besides that i might try and build it when i make a new world because i got 2 extra dimensional full of each logs

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
it's a nice way of using as many mods as possible, but it's not a design I'd use xD
I'm always a person who tries to do it as efficient, cheap, and clean as possible

San

Jul 29, 2019
Can you show the router setup? I've made a router sorting system before but only from copying a setup from someone else, so I actually have no idea how routers work, if you could I would love to use this design.
The router that is attached to the ender chest is equipped with a machine filter and an ejector upgrade. Set it to extract from the ender chest and eject into the second router.
The second router has just a machine filter on it. Tell it to insert the saplings into the deployers (slot 0)

WARNING; SHAMELESS SELF-PLUG!!

This is more effective, and far more resource friendly:
http://www.computercraft.info/forum...um-replacement-and-rp2-automated-flax-farmer/
The problem with that setup is that you'd need to build like, 4 of them to produce the amount of logs that this one is making. Besides, xychorium soil isn't that hard to make. Just takes a bunch of green xychorium, which is like super common.