Advanced genetics not working?

bigfreakytony

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I started playing with advanced genetics today in the monster pack and I think that the effects are not working?

I managed to get the "eat grass" and "infinity" genes isolated, injected them into my eye, and no effects?

I checked my blood in the microscope and it said it had both those genes present! Is there something I need to activate in the configs or is there something up with the mod at the moment?

Thanks for any help

Tony

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Eat Grass is weird, I've heard others have had issues getting it to work as well.

Infinity, however, was slightly changed after a few updates; it now requires you to use the Genetic Bow to benefit from said gene. Bit of a nuance, but it makes the vanilla bow work correctly again.
I've also had issues while injecting multiple genes at once before. Nothing major, just lost a few genes after dying. Kept one of 'em, though.

bigfreakytony

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll try the genetic bow first! Do you think it could be an issue with the latest version of monster? As I'm playing that version (1.0.10 I think) rather than the recommended.

I want to get the bat gene obviously, but don't want to invest too much time into it yet if it's not working!

Phoenix591

Jul 29, 2019
It only takes about half an hour or so to get all your machines setup (the machines are basically books and iron) , and get your first good trait injected (provided you can easily find the mob that provides it)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'll try the genetic bow first! Do you think it could be an issue with the latest version of monster? As I'm playing that version (1.0.10 I think) rather than the recommended.

I want to get the bat gene obviously, but don't want to invest too much time into it yet if it's not working!
Bat Gene worked for me, just had a weird issue with spawning in completed genes, and adding them all en mass to a single syringe, while back now.

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to know how this mod works. I've tried it out but I wasn't able to figure it out.

bigfreakytony

Jul 29, 2019
yeah its been working fine for me now, but u do seem to lose all injected genes on death, so be ready to gene splice a few times!

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
yeah its been working fine for me now, but u do seem to lose all injected genes on death, so be ready to gene splice a few times!

Once you are all juiced up, fill a syringe with your blood and centrifuge it. Put it in a chest in your house. Then when you die, you just reinject yourself.

Reactions: YX33A

bigfreakytony

Jul 29, 2019
Once you are all juiced up, fill a syringe with your blood and centrifuge it. Put it in a chest in your house. Then when you die, you just reinject yourself.

Yeah I managed that after the first 2 times of dying! Lol! I also made a zoo with a few bats, squids and a geostrata health regen crystal just incase!