Adding Dimensional Doors to Ultimate?

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys, in my search of mods i found this little and nice mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1650007-151universal-dimensional-doors-v134-physics-what-physics/
It adds something called "pocket dimensions" which you can access with a door. Simple enough. It doesn't give terrain generation like mystcraft does, but it's faster (and a little expensive). In the pocket dimensions you can build everything you want, and even make some more doors and go deeper.. and deeper.. maybe ending up in somewhere you didn't want.

The usefulness of this mod is pretty variable.. From a thaumcraft workspace to a Nuclear reactor room..

It adds some World Gen too.. I couldn't find too much rifts to be honest.. But that may be good, knowing that they are a little pain in the ass.. Whatever, the world gen adds some rifts in the overwolrd which lead to dungeons and so.. This dungeons are filled with traps, labyrinths and stuff.. And again, they go deeper and deeper and you don't really know where you could end.

It don't find this mod op, and its pretty fun and useful, giving something that no other mods give, an isolated work space without any interference, be it mobs or nature itself.

So, what do you think?

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
Well i am here :D
I have seen this mod in someone's LP. He's sort-of small but great content. He is using the Renascence Rise's pack.
I think that's how you spell it ;P I do like this mod though, it has great consequences if you die LIMBO....
I like how everything is randomly generated so it's not exactly the same every single time you open one of dem doooooorrrrsss.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Limbo is great, but, i didn't wanted to talk about it for spoiler, i find it to be a nice touch if you don't know about it :D And random generation is awesome, if you have the resources to make the doors, you have an almost infinite number of dimensions that could luckily lead to a dungeon :D

Yeah, 1 block for the door, but the inside is almost infinite. You could expand the first layer of the dimension or just make another door inside that dimension to go one step deeper :D

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, I watched a mod presentation on that:

since dimensional doors have mystcraft compatibility, is it possible to have a linking book in the limbo?

could be fun, a limbo base

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really interested in this mod, too. I installed it in my own personal 1.5 pack and am enjoying it.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019

since dimensional doors have mystcraft compatibility, is it possible to have a linking book in the limbo?

Yes you can! In fact, i use a pocket dimension to travel through my "preferred places" in the overworld, via door in a common pocket dimension, which haves mostly all my books :D One of the good sides of this? No matter what happens in the overworld, your books are safe! From griefers exploding stuff to creepers exploding just because..

I'm really interested in this mod, too. I installed it in my own personal 1.5 pack and am enjoying it.

Thats cool :D

I think that.. maybe this feedback proves it to be a good mod so i will go and add it to the post about adding new mods :D Wish pocket dimensions luck!

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019

Limbo bases are impossibru. Any (vanilla) blocks you place in there will eventually disintegrate. Stone bricks turn to stone, become affected by gravity, turn to cobblestone, and then just outright disappear. I haven't exactly tested that with mod blocks, but I suspect it might work similarly.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Limbo bases are impossibru. Any (vanilla) blocks you place in there will eventually disintegrate. Stone bricks turn to stone, become affected by gravity, turn to cobblestone, and then just outright disappear. I haven't exactly tested that with mod blocks, but I suspect it might work similarly.

Yeah, but only if you don't have the black cubes :p the ones you get in the dungeons, some wrap of reality or something like that, if you use that to build, you can make anything there :p (may be a bug..)