Add Witchery mod to Monster?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Would you like to see Witchery mod in FTB Monster mod pack?

• No, I personally don't like that mod.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AlexChip

Jul 29, 2019
Hello my dear fellow FTB-ers!

First mod pack I spend a lot of time on was Unleashed, then I transferred to Monster as my favorite server did too..
Now I love the pack etc, but some things become too familiar and I realised that if you are a lover of technology it's all in there and I am, but..! I kinda want more diversity on the "magic" side too.. So far only thing we have is Thaumcraft 4 which is a good mod, but I played the Witchery mod and that's a completely different kind of magic mod and it's the most fun I had with a mod of that kind.. It offers so many unique and fun stuff that I think Monster pack would be just perfect with.. It feels like the thing Monster is missing.. It's a somewhat hard mod to get into, you need to learn a lot and it offers some really awesome endgame content.. it's a very rewarding mod, you have to invest a lot of time and effort, but it pays off really well..
Also adds more player interactivity with other players and it would just make this pack much more fun..
I would like to hear others thoughts about this? It's not a huge change, only world generation that could be changed is maybe some generated structures which aren't that important actually (for the mod to work), there are no specific ores etc..
So what do you guys think?

ps Just some thoughts to add.. This is more for servers that only use default setting like the one I play on does (which also means no blood magic is in, nor those other mobs..)
And if you're someone whose interests are purely technology, energy production etc, pls do think about others and diversity.. Monster should be a fun mix of everything to suit different likings..

Have a great day people!

Alex ;)

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The witchery mod is part of the direwolf20 and Horizons packs. You could add the mod yourself to the pack. The FTB team have their reasons for not adding certain mods to specific packs. The reason behind universal configs was so that people could take mods from different packs and them to the pack if they wanted to.

Reactions: Padfoote

AlexChip

Jul 29, 2019
The witchery mod is part of the direwolf20 and Horizons packs. You could add the mod yourself to the pack. The FTB team have their reasons for not adding certain mods to specific packs. The reason behind universal configs was so that people could take mods from different packs and them to the pack if they wanted to.

Well that is the case if you play single player or have a private server where you can choose that option.. Unfortunately the server I play on only uses default setting and I think a lot of other servers do..
They chose Monster over Horizons because of stability issues..
I thought Monster is supposed to be a huge pack of different mods so it will suit many players preferences, but it only has 1 magically inclined mod in it.. (by default)
That is the only reason I am suggesting adding at least another mod like that in..
I'm not writing this as "Oh there is a mod I love and I have to see it inside the pack!" kind of fashion.. No! I think the mod pack needs more diversity in that section so this was a suggestion to improve the feel of the whole mod pack.. Not a selfish request..

Reactions: Staxed

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The monster pack is the biggest pack but they can't include every mod. An example would be having evevy tech mod that allows ore processing or every magic based mod, it is just pointless. I never said it was a selfish request to add the mod. I simply said that the universal configs was a way to add mods that people may like that were available from other packs.

Also mods that add world gen to an exisitng world could potentially cause issues. Also what @Staxed said is correct there is more than one magic based mod in the pack.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Well that is the case if you play single player or have a private server where you can choose that option.. Unfortunately the server I play on only uses default setting and I think a lot of other servers do..
They chose Monster over Horizons because of stability issues..
I thought Monster is supposed to be a huge pack of different mods so it will suit many players preferences, but it only has 1 magically inclined mod in it.. (by default)
That is the only reason I am suggesting adding at least another mod like that in..
I'm not writing this as "Oh there is a mod I love and I have to see it inside the pack!" kind of fashion.. No! I think the mod pack needs more diversity in that section so this was a suggestion to improve the feel of the whole mod pack.. Not a selfish request..

I would say its kinda a selfish request since the reason your asking for this is because the server YOU have chosen to play on doesn't use that mod i would in that case suggest instead finding a server that does have that mod included or make you own server and try to get people to join it instead of trying to change the modpack for everyone.

Reactions: UniZero

AlexChip

Jul 29, 2019
I would say its kinda a selfish request since the reason your asking for this is because the server YOU have chosen to play on doesn't use that mod i would in that case suggest instead finding a server that does have that mod included or make you own server and try to get people to join it instead of trying to change the modpack for everyone.

Majority of servers use the default settings, that's what I also mentioned.. so it's not.. I (and people who agree) would have to to either make my own or find some rare server that does change configs etc.. I play other mod packs on other servers, just since I like Monster and what it includes, I think it would be nice for everyone if it had that mod too. I just think it would fit in nicely..
Also it was just a suggestion, don't know why am I getting this aggressive feeling in your posts..
I was just trying to find out what is the general opinion of others about possibly adding this mod.. not urge to change it.. My opinion was that Monster would benefit from that addition and wanted to see what others think about that too.. nothing else
As for world gen, witchery doesn't add any apart from few structures that are not even that important for mod to work..

If you want to contribute to the topic, say why do you think it's a bad/good idea to add the mod and don't attack me personally.. That just gets us nowhere..

If I sounded aggressive I apologize, sometimes my ideas and thoughts are not translated perfectly to my posts since English is my second language.. but I still think I have expressed my idea in a good way.. I hope

Last edited:

AlexChip

Jul 29, 2019
The monster pack is the biggest pack but they can't include every mod. An example would be having evevy tech mod that allows ore processing or every magic based mod, it is just pointless. I never said it was a selfish request to add the mod. I simply said that the universal configs was a way to add mods that people may like that were available from other packs.

Also mods that add world gen to an exisitng world could potentially cause issues. Also what @Staxed said is correct there is more than one magic based mod in the pack.

There is at least 6 mods that have ore processing, IC2, Thermal Expansion, RotaryCraft, Ender IO, Tinkers Construct and Mariculture.. I might be forgetting some.. It would be nice to have more ritualistic spell casting, curses, bosses, player interaction etc..
Also I repeat, this is just a friendly suggestion, a topic to chat about, to see others opinions..
So I would like some constructive criticism and not people just saying oh it's just you who want that etc.. I do want this addition and I want to see if some others agree or what they have to say about that etc.. People often just defend mod packs like they are already filled with mods.. Yes, they are, but there are always new additions or mods being removed.. I'm just adding a suggestion for a mod that can be a part of the pack as others are..

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I believe that with the announcement of the focus for crating new 1.7 packs (see Jaded's announcement: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/update-on-the-future-of-ftb-modpacks-in-1-7.44850/ ) that perhaps 1.6 packs have probably gone to maintenance only mode.

I may be incorrect in this assumption, I admit. A lot of work goes into creating, debugging and balancing packs and with Vanilla MC on the verge of releasing 1.8 people are actively looking for 1.7 packs to play, and it behooves FtB to get started with such packs as new mods become available.

Some private packs, such as DW20, are adding new mods such as Witchery and Sync to their 1.6 packs but I hear they rebuilt one of their development servers to start playing with new mods on 1.7 this past weekend as well.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Monster is Monster, it is basically an exact remake of Tech World 2 but with a tiny amount of magic in.
Though I have added Witchery in my own modpack; and I made the modpack to really give players the "true" mod experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1398710853][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello my dear fellow FTB-ers!
"Hello my dear fellow FTB-ers!" <<<<<<<That is copyright by me, only fun people can use it.(Just a heads up, no meaning in the topic.)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Monster is Monster, it is basically an exact remake of Tech World 2 but with a tiny amount of magic in.
Though I have added Witchery in my own modpack; and I made the modpack to really give players the "true" mod experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1398710853][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Hello my dear fellow FTB-ers!" <<<<<<<That is copyright by me, only fun people can use it.(Just a heads up, no meaning in the topic.)
Just to spite you, I will start every thread I make with that line.

AlexChip

Jul 29, 2019

..so who decides who's fun and who's not?
I have rainbows shooting out of my ears, so I'm genetically fun.. It's just the way I was born.. so I have no other choice than to use that line.. It's really not up to me..

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
..so who decides who's fun and who's not?
I have rainbows shooting out of my ears, so I'm genetically fun.. It's just the way I was born.. so I have no other choice than to use that line.. It's really not up to me..

Just don't ask where rainbow skittles come from... :D

Reactions: AlexChip

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
..and my post was serious? ^_^ :p
Welcome new member.
Take a second to look at the rules of the trade:

1. Make Nightwing your role model.
2. Ask Nightwing things he can get rewards from.
3. Give Nightwing cookies!
Psst...I am Nightwing!